14 | Bigger Problems

Start from the beginning

"Well, it wouldn't be hard to hunt someone if they were on a rampage." Cora points out.

Elijah turns to his sisters, a desperate look on his face. "Can you fix this?" He questions, looking at the witches.

Freya picks up the stake Elijah brought with him and examines the runes on the end. "Familiar?" She asks, handing it to Lexi.

The wolf takes the stake gingerly, running her finger over the runes. "The spell carved here. We can reverse it." Lexi confirms, nodding her head.

Freya smiles, but something is off. When she turns back to Elijah, her eyes seem unfocused and she looks pale.

"We would...need some time..." Freya says quietly. "And a hell of a lot of magic—"

Freya cuts herself off as her eyes roll into the back of her head. Derek catches her swiftly and lays her on the couch next to Lexi and Rebekah. Rebekah looks panicked as Lexi, Hayley, and Jackson start to examine the fallen Mikaelson.

"She was fine. Hayley healed her." Jackson explains.

Then, something catches Lexi's eye. She softly moves Freya's hair out of the way to reveal a cut.

"It's not healed," she says, glancing up at the others.

"That's not good," Cora whispers, standing next to Elijah.

Lexi cautiously presses her ring finger against the wound and brings her finger into the light to examine the blood. She carefully presses her finger to her tongue before she grabs a bowl and spits up the contents of her stomach.

Derek and Cora grow alarmed but know not to interfere. "This is poison," Lexi states after wiping her mouth. "This wasn't trying to just attack her."

"This was an assassination attempt." Derek realizes gravely. Lexi looks up at him, a hint of awe in her eyes.

"Someone wanted her dead."

—|—|—|—

Freya's eyes slowly open to find a blinding light in her face. She blinks it away before turning towards the voice saying, "She's waking up!"

Lexi turns back to Freya, her blue eyes anxious. Freya doesn't react to the small smile on Lexi's lips, only blinks again. When her eyes open once more, the smile is gone.

Lexi helps Freya into a seated position, asking, "Are you alright?"

"I feel weak," Freya answers, panting. She sees Rebekah and Elijah right behind Lexi while the wolves stay back, watching from a distance.

"Those vampires must have stabbed her with something," Jackson says.

"So, the Strix like slow-acting poisons. Great," Cora mutters sarcastically.

"There has to be an antidote," Lexi says, shooting Cora a look.

"If I can get my hands on it," Elijah adds. He pulls out his phone and walks out of the room as Freya motions to Rebekah.

The vampire cautiously gets down next to Lexi, offering her arm. "For this, I'll need a pure silver knife, some with muskroot..."

"I'll get the knife," Hayley suggests.

"I'll track down the root," Jackson says.

"We'll help you," Cora answers as Derek let his lips turn up in a small, proud smile. She catches it and deadpans, "What? I can't be helpful?"

"This is ridiculous!" Lexi exclaims, standing. "Freya, you can barely hold a feather right now, let alone save the whole bloody world from Rebekah!"

"We'll channel Finn." Comes Freya's response. Lexi stares at her for a moment before scoffing.

She turns to Derek with an offended expression. "Can you tell her she's insane?"

"Um..." Derek opens his mouth but does not answer.

"Lovely." Rebekah rolls her eyes. "My fate rests in the hands of our black sheep of a brother that we have trapped in a necklace."

"I'm sure he just leaping to help us." Lexi hisses.

"Well, he's the only other witch powerful enough to help us. You and I are out of options, sister." Freya's eyes flicker between the two blondes. Lexi clenches her jaw and turns to Rebekah. They share a look before they sigh, submitting to their older sister's plan.

I apologize for the next chapter. And the ones after. Yeah... Hope you enjoyed!