Chapter 7. The Deed

Chapter 7

The Deed

"So, you're leaving in the morning right?" he asked.

"Yeah, have to be at the airport at eight." Ahilyaa pushed away her plate, and gave him a strained smile

"You must have tons of things to do. I hope you've packed."

"A week ago!" She chuckled, playing with the napkin on the table. "I was so excited, I couldn't help myself!" she said bursting with the same energy that he loved... no... admired - just admired.

"That's great! I hear it's beautiful there." He said trying to feel excited for her.

"You haven't been?"

"Not really. Dad took me to London once on one of his business trips when I was about ten. I didn't like it then, mostly because I was left with a staff in a hotel room and there was one day of walking on the famous streets. I don't even remember much."

"That's... you should go somewhere on your own. It'll change your perspective of the world, and change you. Seeing new places, culture, and the people is totally worth it. I love interacting with new people, even if I don't know their language."

Aayush rolled his eyes, "You make it sound like a piece of cake."

"What? It's not that easy. I also get nervous. But unlike you, I talk a lot when I do."

"Better than clamping up and having a panic attack." He chuckled.

Her eyes sparkled and roamed his face as if trying to solve a puzzle, "You're very interesting."

He wanted to say something witty, and tried hard to find the right words. He was saved by a hand on his shoulder, "Everyone's gone to bed, Aayu. Here's your room key." Sharad handed him a card and turned to Ahilyaa. "And here's yours, love. Your luggage is in there and a car will be downstairs to take you to the airport tomorrow."

Ahilyaa almost toppled over when she jumped into Sharad's arms, "I'll miss you so much." She was suddenly choking on tears.

Sharad pulled her close and ruffled her hair, "You know I'll miss you more. Now let me go before I start crying."

She stepped back and kissed his cheek, "You're the best boss anyone could ever have."

"Yeah, tell that to this asshole here. He doesn't appreciate this kind heart."

Aayush smiled, "Whatever. Just don't come into my room crying about someone taking away your hands. Or worse, your dick."

Ahilyaa giggled, wiping her tears and Sharad huffed, "Damn, that was one time. Will you ever let it go?"

"And what about that boy who was a vampire?" he crossed his arms, leaning back on his chair with a smirk.

Ahilyaa lost it, and let out a full bellied laugh. Sharad groaned into his hands, "I hate you. How would I know his fangs were fake?" He muttered before stomping away. Ahilyaa literally dropped on the floor, clutching her stomach.

Aayush watched her laugh, a smile brightening his face. He slipped down from his chair to sit beside her under the table, and watched her laugh. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and her breath caught several times. His heart soared with joy when she opened her eyes and leant into him. With her head on his shoulders, she giggled, and Aayush didn't know if he'd ever felt so happy. Making her laugh, even if it was at Sharad's expense, was something that he never thought he needed.

When she gained some control, she gulped down the glass of water he handed her, swallowing her chuckles with it. He rolled his eyes, and laughter bubbled in her chair again, and she put her arms around his neck, pressing her face into his chest, "Please... do something before I kill myself laughing." She rasped out, her body shaking with laughter.