The Disease of MHG (revised and improved)

In the 1800's, I can't remember the date exactly, but I can remember the month and the day, January 16. The day I was born, but to others, more of a curse. Hessen, Germany, Frankfurt, I was running down the streets, late for school, my favorite trench coat whipping at my legs as I ran. I had a weird fashion compared to the other girls, they all wore fancy gowns with pretty pink bows.

But those kinds of clothes made me wanna barf. Anyway, I just barely made it to class, though, I did kind of make a big entrance. "good evening miss Goldbach, please sit down, and next time TRY and make it on time," Mrs. Hagens said to me and I nodded, my curly hair bouncing slightly and I went and sat in my seat. The day went on, normal, until lunch, though, I can't say this wasn't normal, but, "Hey best friend," Catherine (name changed for privacy :I ) said.

She had a sickly smirk growing on her face, along with her 'backup'. Sadie and Laurine, they did this to me a lot. I groan, "please go away, I would like to eat a meal without you here bothering me," I try and say politely but comes out as a sneer.

"oh? and why? I thought we were friends..." she makes a fake pout and I roll my eyes, "then I guess you thought wrong~ we were never friends, and I hope to god we never ARE friends," I spoon up some of the chicken soup we were having for lunch and Catherine shoves my face into the soup. It burned, a lot!

"AH!" I yell and cover my face and everyone looked at Catherine and I. "she uh....HA! Look! Goldbach slipped and face planted in her soup!" She laughed and pointed and soon enough, everyone joined in. I ran for the nurses office and I had 90 degree burns, thanks 'friend'. I walk back to class with a wrap over my left face, as I held ice onto my face too. Kids whispered and snickered as I walked over and sat down. "uh...Miss Goldbach?" the Principal poked his head into the room.

I looked over and he gasped slightly, "erm...I would like to have a word with you...." I motioned to the hallway and I got back up and went out of the classroom. "did Catherine do this?" He asked, "............If I said she did, what would happen? not just her, but me as well," I ask and he sighs, "she would get detention.... and she wouldn't go to the dance this coming Friday, but you, nothing really, I would make her say sorry," he shrugs and I nod, "okay, understood, yes, she did, but she made it seem like I did this to myself, but really, who would do this to themselves?" I respond and he smiles.

"Yes, I don't know anyone who would do this, now, wait out here, I'll go get Catherine." my eyes widen and I shake my head, "uh, that won't be necessary, can I just go home?" he looked at me and sighed, "alright, you are excused to go home, be careful though..." I nod and grab my stuff and start walking home.

**many months later**

I was sitting outside, looking at the busy streets, 'so full of life and yet it's not even alive...' I thought to myself, getting lost in thought. I lived in the slums of Frankfurt, only 12 years old and I pretty much live alone. My mother and father moved to America, leaving me with my older sister, who never even recognized me as a person, more of a slave. All of a sudden a bag was thrown over my head and I was being pulled away and suddenly someone threw me on the ground and started hitting me with a baseball bat. "AH!" I yell in pain, but the bag muffled my yells. "this is what you get!" I voice said, continuing to beat me until I went unconscious.

It has been almost a month after I was beaten....I haven't been the same... I've stopped going to school, going outside, I just sat in my room, on my bed, hugging my knees, twitching slightly. I laugh insanely, "shh~ heheh, the darkness lures you~ into a deep hole you can never crawl out, and yet, I don't want to crawl out~ I think I'll stay here~" I said to myself. My sister walked in, holding some tomato soup which I gulped down, "the color red~ heheheh," My sister sighed, "you have to go to school tomorrow..." I looked up, soup dripping from the corner of my mouth, looking like blood."alright, I'll go, I have friends to visit anyway..."