Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

After I bid my farewells, I headed up to the A Class. Once I reached outside, I sighed. Going back and forth... this'll be tiring.

"Aika-chan!" I heard a voice from behind. I turned around to see Karma, running to me. Once he was a few feet away, he skidded to a stop.

After a few seconds of silence, I spoke up. "May I help you?"

"...Who is your father, really? When I saw him during the cafe competition, he reminded me of Asano-kouchou."

Sharp eye. I gave him a small smile. "The best way I could describe him is a puppet master with ulterior motives." I gave him a small bow. "It was fun studying by your side, Karma-kun. Assuming I will return, I'll look forward to that. Good luck with the exams, but I'll take the first spot."

Karma was taken aback for a moment, but smirked. "Baka." Using his index finger, he tilted my chin up. "I'll steal the number one spot from you before you'll even realize it."

"Hmph. I'll look forward for that either. But for now, au revoir." Before I knew what I was doing, I kissed him on both cheeks before walking away. Once he couldn't see my face, I turned to a small puff of red smoke. That's just how the French says goodbye, that's just how the French says goodbye!

Behind my back, Karma turned into a puff of red smoke. She's too adorable sometimes... without her even knowing it! Gah, it's so frustrating sometimes!

~~~~~

"As of today, I'll be taking over your lessons. Yoroshikune, A Class."

Asano... Gakuho?! He's my teacher?!

"Ah, Kasumi-san. You've finally arrived. Please sit next to Asano Gakushuu."

"Hai." As I walked towards my seat, I gave Asano a worried look. He replied with a feint shrug.

And we went straight to work. A few minutes in, and the stress already kicked into my gears. The way he taught it was so easy, but so fast! He's a monster... The A Class' monster.

"Hashizume-san, Tanaka-san, Fujii-san, Kondo-san, Okuno-san. You seem a little behind."

My eyes widened. How could he tell, with his back against us?!

"I-It's just too fast!" One of the students complained. "Maybe if we're at the Big Five's level, but this is impossible for us!"

"You think it's impossible because you don't understand what it means to fight. Why don't we talk in the hallway for three minutes? Let's have a little chat." He led the five students out of the class. While they were having their 'chat', I looked at Asano worriedly.

"Was your father always like this?"

"I... don't know." He frowned. "But I don't like it."

"We've got to stop this."

"Mm." He gave a slight nod.

Once the door opened, the same wave of hatred and bloodlust filled the room. Just like what happened in the principal's office...

They're repeating the same thing, over and over again: "Kill the E Class."

"You study not just for your own sake. You will grow more powerful than the E Class has become and demolish them. When the lower grades see you, the A Class, doing just that, they'll know you were right and devote themselves to joining your ranks. You actions will boost the level of humanity. Oh, and Asano-kun? You can go home and study on your own. With your skills, you'll take the top spot if you stay on your guard. I'll be the one leading everyone upward."