chapter sixteen

THE GOOD SON

THE GOOD SON

Point Place, Wisconsin

Saturday Morning

9:12 a.m.

Location: Forman's Kitchen

Upbeat music was playing in the background and Kitty was dancing away making breakfast for her family. As Marion walked in, her and Kitty started to sway their hips together, just having fun, before Marion sat down across from Hyde at the kitchen table. Marion piled on eggs and bacon onto her plate like everyone else at the table and waited for Kitty to be finished making waffles.

"Wow. Thanks, Mrs Forman." Hyde smiled. "You know, we never had waffles at my house. My mom always said a waffle iron was a luxury. Like, um, pillow cases or not getting hit." Hyde explained. Everyone just looked at him concerned, except for Marion.

"Ah, I know where you're coming from." She laughed before eating her bacon.

"Man, this is so cool!" Hyde shouted, before digging into his breakfast.

"Well, you are welcome, Steven." Kitty replied, while plating Red's plate. "See, Eric, I told you I was cool."

"Eric, did you tell your mother that she's not cool?" Red questioned.

"What? Well, I mean-"

"Stop telling your mother she's not cool." Red demanded.

"Fine. Mom, you're super fly." Eric quickly said.

"Thanks, honey." Kitty thanked. She then bent down to Hyde's level. "Steven, would you like maple syrup or blueberry syrup?" She asked. Hyde then looked up at her.

"You have syrup?" He asked. Kitty just laughed and went off the fetch the syrup. "Man, I love it here." Hyde smiled.

"And we love having you here, man." Marion spoke. Hyde looked up at her with food in his mouth and she just winked at him when no one was watching.

"Yeah, you're like the brother I never had." Eric added. "I mean, I have a sister, but I hate her. So, this is great." He also added.

"Eric, after breakfast I want you to rake the yard." Red ordered.

"Rake? But, Dad, I was gonna-" Eric started to complain before Hyde interrupted.

"I'll do it." He offered. Marion looked up at her boyfriend surprised.

"Okay, Steven." Red smiled for a brief second.

"Oh, my God. I love my new brother!" Eric shouted. 'Ha! I love him too!' Marion thought.

Marion was sitting at the kitchen counter with her textbook open and her notebook out working on her Biology homework. She wasn't like Kelso or Hyde who didn't do their homework, or like Eric and Donna who waited to the last minute to do theirs. She did hers every day as dorky as that sounds.