There was deafening silence between us three for a couple of seconds as people of my designing committee finished plugging the last extension wires for the stage lighting. They were afraid that their comment angered me but to prove them wrong, I threw myself in the dark skinny arms of Alejandro; my thoughtful sophomore camera man.

“Thanks. I love you guys!” I left them stunned as I shoot out of the hall and out of the building. Outside the school gate was my ever supportive mom, waiting for me in the car.

“Oh dear God, Lucinda you look like a doormat!” She started ranting about my appearance until we reached home; faster than usual.

I ran upstairs ignoring my Labrador and Rottweiler ripping off the new doormat. No wonder why my mom compared me to it.

I quickly undressed and jumped into the ready hot tub. Emptying the entire bottle of bath soap and lathering it rather harshly on my body, I grabbed the lavender bath salt and scrubbed it the same way. After my hair was bursting with the smell of strawberries, I called out for the maid to get my hairdryer ready.

Wrapping a fresh thick white towel around my body, she came in with the hairdryer on one hand and an iron curler with the other. I like it when she acts Girl Scout.

My dark brown hair became a hundred times prettier than it was almost an hour ago. She just made magic after curling my hair as I looked perfectly decent. At last I looked like I was actually attending the Homecoming ball and not checking on everything from the music beside the stage to the footages behind the cameras.

She insisted on putting on a light rose blush but I declined, thinking it was too much after applying liquid foundation. So she concentrated on building up shades of pink for my eye shadows instead. Lining my eyes with thick eyeliner and mascara wasn’t my suggestion but when she said it’d make my eyes bigger as it was too small, I had no choice but to let her.

I looked different; different in a good way. Maybe because I never wore make up at school. The rose eye shadow accentuated my light brown eyes as the eye liner defined my eyes making it look bigger; livelier. I smeared lip balm on my lips as my maid ranted about a pink lip gloss instead of it. Either way, I just love her.

I pulled up a creamy white Victorian tube dress with a sweetheart neckline and A-line flowing skirt. The pink glass beads and gems in the neckline, belt and hem perfectly matched my make up as the glittery kitten heels did. The maid pinned up my diamond tiara as I clasped the matching diamond choker and bracelet after my pink laced gloves.

“Judging from how you looked an hour ago, you look absolutely gorgeous.” My mom stated as I walked carefully down the curved carpeted staircase. I just giggled and shook my head in disbelief, thanking her as she handed my mask and purse.

“I hope you like it.” It was a glittery jewel studded pink mask that was designed specifically to match my gown.

“The designer was quite stubborn before I paid extra” Mom gave me a sorry look in contrast with the proud wink she just made.

“Mom, it’s beautiful. Thank you.” It really was. I hugged her but she broke off the hug. She pulled me out of the door were I saw Tyler waiting for me in his car.

‘Fall out Boy’s’ Sugar, Were Goin’ Down’ rumbled loudly in his car stereo as I reached for the seatbelt and buckled up.

“Go have fun darling.” My mom waved as Tyler and I waved back at her.

“You look absolutely beautiful.” He held my hand as he started driving. I managed a nod and a smile. I was nervous. Being the ‘assistant’ editor of the media club which covers the detailed coverage of the entire program and the head of the designing committee; I have all the right to be nervous. The loud music just adds up to it.

“Nervous aren’t you?”  Tyler spoke as I glued my eyes on the wind shield; not answering.

“I know you too well, babe.” He didn’t give up besides my cold shoulder. I don’t talk when I’m nervous; and he knows that perfectly.

Having a boyfriend like Tyler was the nearest thing I got from ‘thrilling’. My life was always planned by my mom as I enjoyed the perks of it, learning how to plan things myself. Meeting him was the best unplanned thing that ever happened to me.

“Nothing bad is gonna happen, okay. Everything’s gonna be fine. Just like how you planned it.” He continued. I’m still not going to speak.

Images of lost crowns, electrical faults, falling disco balls, injured schoolmates and wailing ambulances came to me. I was on a whirlwind of negative thoughts as I noticed Tyler stopped the car. Silence took over.

He just stared back at me as I shoot him a why-did-we-stop kind of look.

“What are you doing? The program starts at twenty minutes. We need to get there before….” My blabbering rant of being late was stopped by his sweet soft lips crushing into mine. It drained all the stress away. His hands found their way around my nape as mine came to brush his soft wavy blonde hair.

“I don’t _ want you_ stressing out_ and you know that.” He said in between kisses.

“I’m just afraid the documentation and the designs come out bad. Homecoming happens once a year and everybody’s expecting a good video report for remembrance.” I spoke up, letting him nip my jaw, trailing sweet kisses from my neck to my collar bone.

“Babe, you know your staff won’t let anything happen. You need to learn how to trust them.” He looked at me with sincerity in his bright blue sexy eyes. “You need to let loose, you know.” He added as the sincerity in his eyes changed into lust.

“I know. And I’m trying.” I answered removing my hands from his broad bulky shoulders. My eyes strayed on his top as I realized how hot he looked in his cream colored tux and pink bow that went perfect with my gown. I didn’t even appreciate his effort of wearing it despite the obvious fact that he hates pink on him. I feel awful.

“No you’re not.” He moaned as he took it up notch by slipping his tongue in his next wet kiss. I realized that I really need to let go of the stress and by it; I returned the favor, giving him entrance.

Our long lingering kiss was just making him more aroused. I felt his growing near my left thigh as he decided to push his luck. His hands were roaming around above my waist. Unfortunately for him, I nudged backwards.

I gently pushed away as he got wind of what he’s doing. He didn’t resist. We straightened our back and gave each other innocent smiles.

We hit the road again until we started hearing the loud music and the excited laughter of our schoolmates in the parking lot.