Chapter 1

The kingdom of phoenix. The one place in the world where all races and creatures can come together and get along. There are a total of seven kingdoms. All of them home to their own race, except for Phoenix.

I was born in Oculus kingdom of the elves. I have come to Phoenix by myself because my kingdom is at war with another, and the most powerful kingdom at that, legion kingdom of the ghouls. My parents had to fight in the war so they sent me on a cargo ship with other young elves that was headed to Phoenix.

My father had a Druid friend who he grew up with. Before I was born Oculus was home to the elves and druids who were fighting to get their own kingdom. The elves being the most peaceful race let them live in Oculus. But because the druids were at war for their own land the battle followed their people to Oculus. The kingdom soon was near the brink of war. The Druid people had to leave. But my father found a way to stay in touch with his friend. So I am going to be staying with him.

I clutched on to the small pendant hanging from my neck and I walked along the shore and spotted an elf with lavender eyes.

"There is only one elf with lavender eyes!" I thought to myself

"CRIMSON!" I called out to my best friend

"OCULUS!"She shouted back at me
"I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE ALONE HERE!!"

"SO DID I!" I shouted

Are shouting had begun to draw attention to ourselves so I walked over to her so we wouldn't have to be so loud.

"I had no idea you where coming to Phoenix, I thought you would be off fighting with your parents."she said to me

"Well I'm not old enough to fight yet, so I'm in Phoenix."

"Well were are you staying at?" She asked me

"Well I'm staying with one of my dads friends who lives here in Phoenix"

"Where in phoenix is it?"

"Umm that's what I'm trying to figure out"I said to her

"Well I have to go and get to were I am staying at, I hope to see you around Oculus

"You too Crimson."

I started walking along the shore again still clutching my necklace. I looked down at the map I had in my hands. "So if I'm right here and I need to be here the I have to walk 2 MILES!" I thought to myself.
I started walking. And walking and walking. It started getting dark so I looked at my map one more time.

"You have arrived at your destination" it said in a monotone voice.

"Perfect timing!" Said a voice from the house I was standing in front of.

"Who are yo-" I was cut off by the same voice from before

"If I'm assuming correctly you are the daughter of my dear friend who has been sent to live with me, then I am your fathers druid friend"

"Well nice to meet you umm what's your name?"

"That's not important Oculus, isn't that the name of the elf kingdom?"

"Yes, but I was named after my grandfather, who was named after some other relative, who was named after legion the elf who created and ruled the kingdom of Oculus."

"Interesting, it's getting late why don't you come inside." He said to me looking around nervously

"Oculus, I want you to meet my apprentice, his name is Atlas."

Atlas walked into the room. I was stunned at what I saw. He appeared to be a wolf and a Druid. He had gray hair, and wolf ears. He also wore a fleece jacket, and had a wolf tail. His ears and tail where both black with blood red tips. The Druid leaned over and whispered something into Atlas's ear. Atlas looked me in the eyes and smirked

"I will take you to your room." he said still smirking

I made it to my room safely. I decided I would sit down and write to my parents.

Dear mom and dad,
I made it to Phoenix perfectly safe. As I got off of the boat I saw Crimson. So I at least know her here. I got to your friend house today. He has an apprentice who lives here with him. He looks about my age and his name is Atlas. Atlas also has WOLF EARS AND A WOLF TAIL!!! Now I know I shouldn't judge but it's still really weird. Your friend also never told me their name and has been kind of suspicious. But so far everything has been fine.

              I love you both,
                                           Oculus

I went to bed after writing and sending my letter.

About a week of being there I woke up to a banging on my door. I got up and answered it and to my surprise I saw Atlas.

"It's about time you woke up." he said in a rude tone

"Well I was walking all day to get to the market, so can you blame me."I replied almost as rudely

"Just get dressed and come down stairs."

I opened the bag I had brought with me, I figured I would be staying here a while so I decided to put my clothes in the closet. I got dressed and headed down stairs.

"The sleeping Beauty finally awakes from her deep slumber." Atlas snarled at me as I entered the kitchen. I didn't respond to him this time.

"You two are supposed to be getting along!" The Druid "friend" of my fathers said in a whispering voice while placing a firm hand on Atlas's shoulder.

"Look I'm trying, she isn't the easiest elf to work with."

I pretend not to hear anything that they just said.

"So what are you doing today?" Atlas asked

"Um I don't know I was thinking about visiting my friend Crimson."

"That sounds like fun, mind if I come along?"

"Uhh I don't even know if Crimson will be there, plus she doesn't know you. Sorry maybe next time!"

I walked out the door before he got a chance to say anything to me about coming along. So instead he got the bright idea to follow me to Crimsons house.