13/ Fire Works

Romeo

Great, we'll do fireworks around ten, it'll be so loud that nobody will be able to hear anything. It's the perfect plan, oh Romeo, you are such a genius!

Trigger warning, this chapter includes content about rape, you've been warned.

Narrative

Cole grins,"Okay, back to two options. Millie, same as Finn. Chug a beer, or karaoke."

Millie makes a face that is disgusted yet terrified.

"There is no way in bloody hell that I'm chugging beer," a couple laugh as Millie says 'bloody'.

"Karaoke it is then."

Millie's breathing hitches, she hates singing in front of people, but she hates alcohol even more. Oh my god, Millie thinks to herself.

They start walking back up into the living room.

"EVERYONE ITS HAPPENING. MILLIE IS SINGING! EVERYBODY STAY FUCKING CALM!" Gaten says, similar to his line about Finn.

"Gaten why?" Millie says, nearly crying, but trying to force a laugh.

"What song are you singing?" Gaten asks barley above a whisper.

Millie blanks, "Someone Like You by Adele," she blurts out. It was the first thing that popped up in her head.

She walked to her spot on stage. Romeo's house is fucking big. Like seriously a stage with instruments? Millie thinks to herself. She grabs the microphone with shaking hands.

Gaten flashes and adorable smile and a thumbs up before playing the music.

Millie takes a huge breath, her heart pounding hard.

"I heard that you've, settled down and you, found a girl and your, married noooow."

There are quiet gasps and oohs from the audience, Millie smilies and continues, a bit less nervous.

"I heard that your dreams came true, guess she gave you things, I didn't give to you."

Millie looked over at Finn, he looked completely mesmerized, Millie blushed profusely, she wasn't used to getting attention for her singing.

She kept singing. But when the chorus hit, that's when the party lost it.

"Never mind I'll find, some like yoouu, I wish nothing but the best for youuu. Don't forget me I beg, I'll remember you said, sometimes it's lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

By the end of her solo, everyone was clapping, Gaten looked hysterical, and dropped to his knees and started bowing to Millie.

I love this guy, Millie makes a joke to herself. She does a tiny curtesy and walks off of the stage, giggling. Grinning widely, Millie's heartbeat had finally calmed down.

Finn walks up to her, "Millie that was absolutely amazing, you never told me you could sing!"

"You never asked," she says giggling.

"I mean wow, your voice is so beautiful, I can't even-"

Finn was cut off by Millie's lips crashing into his. The kiss was longer than expected, they haven't kissed since the sleepover at Gaten's. It was gentle at first, but it got more and more passionate with every passing second.

You could here "ooohs" and "aweees" from the crowd of the party. They pulled away smiling.

Caleb comes up to them, "Have you guys seen Romeo? I mean it's his party and I haven't seen him at all."