42

I sat at the top of the white table with my hand resting on my ballooning stomach. I knew the twins would be making an appearance soon as my stomach seemed to be lower. I was finally happy, I had been smiling all day. I feel like I'm finally where I'm meant to be, I never envisioned myself being with someone as special as Donnie. I had certainly never thought I would have children so young but I'm grateful.

I smile at Donnie as he walks towards me, he gives me his million watt smile before he sits with me. God I love this man, I love everything about him. He is my soul mate, I truly believe that.

"You ok kid" he asks we he kisses my cheek.

"Yeah I'm great, I like seeing everyone together"

I look down the table at all the women who hold a place in my heart. Tammy is sat by kitty talking about their high school days. It really is a small world, when kitty saw Tammy she recognised her immediately. They had both been in the same cheer squad in high school, I was surprised when I heard kitty squeak and run towards Tammy with her arms flapping.

"They look like there having fun, I hope Tammy isn't a bad influence on your gran" Donnie was laughing as he watched the two women cackle.

I shrug and smile, "I'm glad everyone came, this is the best baby shower"

"Only the best for you, Tammy and Coleen planned it all."

"Tammy had an input" I was confused. As I looked around the pastel decorations, everything was so dainty and classy. It didn't really scream Tammy, I couldn't see what she could have contributed.

There were yellow, blue and pink balloons scattered across the room. All our drinks were served in baby bottles, it was really sweet. The table was covered with dainty deserts and other afternoon tea foods. It really was lovely, I was fortunate to have so many people here to celebrate with me.

I caught Coleen shifting in her seat, she looked nervous. When she finally caught my eye I gestured for her to join Donnie and I.

"You ok, are you missing merlot" I asked as she sat on the chair to my side.

Coleen seemed tense, her eyes were focused on the back door. I thought maybe she was wanting to leave. I watched as she bit her perfectly manicured nails, that had been something I had never seen her do. There was something going on.

"No I'm fine, are you having a good time" Coleen smiled but it looked fake.

"What's wrong" Donnie asked.

"I'm nervous that people won't like the entertainment and there due to be here soon"

Coleen was known for throwing great parties I couldn't understand why she would be worried. Then it hit me.

"Is that what Tammy contributed. Did Tammy arrange the entertainment" a small smile appeared on her face.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry. I tried to reason with her but she was persistent" Colleen eyes were back on the door, I was starting to share her nerves.

"What is it" Donnie was now agitated, his eyes narrowed as he looked at Tammy who was busy moving everyone to the stage.

"Come on, you need to sit down here" Tammy called as she waved at us.

"Maybe you should go for a walk" Coleen said to Donnie making him frown.

I sat at the chair Tammy had suggested, Donnie sat by my side. His hand was in mine, I could feel the tension rushing through him.

Tammy stood on the stage with a microphone in her hands. I hope she's not going to sing, my guess was looking more and more likely as music started to play.

"Ice ice baby" Donnie stated, his face was full of confusion. I looked at the other guests who looked as confused as us.

"I'm sorry" Coleen mouthed.

It couldn't be that bad could it?

I spoke too soon, I jumped out of my chair as two men dressed in doctors scrubs appeared on the stage. I could feel my eyes widen as they began to dance, no grind on the stage.

"Tell me those aren't strippers" Donnie said through gritted teeth.

I couldn't tell him that, it was obviously two exotic dancers on the vast stage. The tall black dancer was bucking his hips as he fisted his hands by his waist. He was biting his lip and looking straight at kitty. Oh god kitty must be hating this, she must think so badly of me. I didn't want to look at her, I couldn't stand to see the disappointment on her face.

The blonde dancer was defending the stairs and striding towards me. His crotch was at my eye level, I bit my lip to stop me laughing. I may have been a stripper but I had never seen a man strip, it made me feel nervous.

Donnie stood up and made his presence known making the dancer move to my friend Jane who was sat to my left.

Jane was whooping like a mad woman as the blonde straddled her, get hand was on his abs as he pulled the shirt from his back.

I moved my chair so I could get a better view. I was enjoying watching my friend let loose, I would never have booked strippers for a baby shower but I had to admit it was funny.

Kitty was now in my eye line, I put my hand to my mouth in shock as the black had removed his scrubs and was stood before her in only a thong. He grabbed her wrinkled hands and placed them on his muscular ass.

"Wooo" kitty screamed as she palmed his flesh.

"No way " Donnie whispered as he suppressed his laughter.

The dancer thrusted his pelvis as her, her face was mere inches from his face. Kitty had a smile spread across her face , she was gawping at his body.

I laughed as I noticed the photographer circling the room taking photos of the carnage. My grandfather would love to see these photos, he would not believe me if I told him. As the song wound down and the dancers finished up the whole room was wild with applause.

"Mother"

I turned to the back of the room and my breath caught in my throat. My mother, no she can't be my mother. It was my aunt, she was gawping at kitty who was trying to put something down the dancers thong.

Kitty stood up and looked around the room "Elenor do you have any cash or should I just put a cheque down there"