Chapter 13: I Told Her That Her Garbage Is Her Problem

Почніть із самого початку

“Did—did she say what it was?” Jericho choked out.

“Eventually. The minute she said the word pregnancy test Zayn totally bolted. He’s such a guy.” Jericho felt her heart race. Why hadn’t she thrown it away outside of the house? What had she been thinking? “So then I’m sitting there on the couch alone as Autumn asks me how I could have let something like this happen. And I kept telling her that it wasn’t mine.”

“Did she believe you?” Jericho asked silently hoping that Autumn would continue to believe the test belonged to Hope.

“No. She kept telling me that you, Jordan, and Alexa have your own bathrooms so there was no need for you to use the garbage in the guest bathroom.” Except Jericho shared her bathroom with Jordan. And Jordan could never know about this. “And I kept telling her that I have my own place so why would I come to her place to throw it away. It just doesn’t make sense. Besides I’m not even sexually active. And then do you know what she said?”

“What?”

“She accused me and Zayn of doing it! I mean, come on! We’re not doing that! Zayn and I are—well I don’t know what we are, but we certainly haven’t done that! And even if we did it’s not her business. She is such a hypocrite too! I know what she and Louis do together. Well, I don’t know exactly because that would be gross, but I have a pretty good idea. I just wanted her to believe me, but she’s convinced it’s my pregnancy test.”

“Do you have any idea whose pregnancy test it is?” Jericho asked. Please don’t let her say me, she thought to herself.

“For all I know it was something the guys picked up as a joke,” Hope said casually. “I even suggested that to Autumn, but then she told me it was positive. So it has to be someone’s right?”

“So what happened?”

“I pointed out that she was waving around a stick that someone had peed on,” Hope said with a big grin. “She dropped it immediately and raced off saying something about washing her hands. I know she’ll try to talk to me again, but at least I have a break for now. I can’t believe all that drama! I’m sure it’s just a joke from the guys or something. It’s not like any of you guys would ever put yourselves into that kind of position.” Hope lay back on Jericho’s bed stretching out.

“Yeah,” Jericho stuttered. “No—none of us would do that.” She laughed nervously. Hope sat up suddenly studying her. “Why are you looking at me like that, Hope?”

“You and Harry are really close right?”

“We’re dating.”

“Just how close are you?”

“Okay,” Jericho said standing up and returning to putting away her laundry. “You’ve gotten it all out now. Time to leave me alone.”

“It’s you,” Hope said softly. “The test was yours.”

“No way,” Jericho scoffed. “I have my own bathroom just like Autumn said. Why would I throw something like that away in the guest bathroom?”

“Because you share a bathroom with Jordan, and you don’t want her to know. Plus Autumn has a cleaning service come in each week so you must have assumed they would take care of it.” The shirt Jericho was holding fell from her fingers as Hope described her entire thought process from yesterday. “Oh man. I totally have to tell Zayn about this!” Jericho turned around to see Hope pulling out her cell phone and beginning to text.

“No!” Jericho shouted jumping over and snatching her phone away. “What in the hell is wrong with you? You can’t tell Zayn that!”

“So it is yours?” Hope asked with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.