"Besides, I thought Blue disintegrated that mirror in front of Regina a long time ago?" David questions, peering thoughtfully at his wife.

Snow shrugs her shoulders and without another word on the subject, she strolls across the kitchen to her phone and starts dialing.

They all need an explanation.

~~~~~~~~

The Enchanted Forest

After Emma completely exhausted herself trying to use magic to escape the damn mirror and failed miserably, she then had begged Regina to give it a whirl. It wasn't long before Regina became utterly agitated and plopped back down beside Emma in defeat.

"So, how are we getting out of here?" Emma timidly inquires, peeking out of the corner of her eye at Regina.

Everything around them is still pitch black, which is absolutely frightening to say the very least. The atmosphere feels like she is trapped in some black hole and the idea alone sends shivers down her spine.

"Honestly, I don't know, Emma. I've never seen anything like this before and as far as I was concerned, this damn mirror was destroyed a long time ago by Blue. So, I'm still trying to comprehend how it's here in the first place," Regina confesses in frustration.

"Okay...so we know it brought us together. We know it wanted us to both know the truth about the past. We know it has to do with our destiny..."

"What are you getting at, Swan!" Regina abruptly snaps as the last drop of her patience withers away.

"I'm not sure," she drawls slowly, glaring at the woman for her short temper, "maybe we need to talk."

"Talk about what?" Regina suspiciously inquires, with one perfectly sculpted eyebrow scaling high upon her forehead.

"I don't know? Just talk," she sheepishly recommends, barely audible for Regina to hear because she hasn't the slightest clue how to navigate through this situation.

Regina's head flies back, forcing her to stare blankly at the infinity of emptiness above her and Emma knows this guarded woman well enough to know that the former Queen is struggling to keep her tears from falling. After all, nobody understands masking their emotions better than Emma.

"Fine, let's talk," Regina bitterly bites out. "Why did you move away?" She interrogates, still not daring to even glance in Emma's direction.

"You know why, I didn't want to be the Savior anymore. I didn't want this to keep happening," she acknowledges, motioning with her hands flailing about to the empty space that they seem to be lost in. "Why did you put those pictures up after I left?"

"You know exactly why, don't act stupid, Swan," the professional mayor's words come flying out, cold and snippy, causing Emma's heart to sink because that tone, always reminds her when they first met and how they hated each other.

"Don't put your walls back up now. Answer the simple question."

Regina exhales loudly while her eyes flutter closed. She hesitates for a moment and Emma knows she's working up the courage to reveal her truth. "I missed not seeing your face every day," she murmurs so quietly, Emma almost misses the words.

She attempts to offer a smile, but it comes off weak and maybe it's a good thing that Regina is still refusing to meet her gaze.

"You never came to see my new place," she shyly whispers, because truthfully, she never wanted to acknowledge how much it bothered her that her friend, her son's mother, never came to see her new house.