34. Nothing has Changed

Start from the beginning

"Go ahead." I said.

Dylan began dialing on his phone some numbers.

"Hello, Landon. I need you to do me a favor. Tell the maids to pack up Hayley's crap and to just throw out in the curb. Don't let her go inside. As for Brandon, please bring him to where I currently am. I will text you a location." Dylan hanged up and came over to me.

He hugged me.

It's been a while.

He snaked his arms around my waist and I placed my face in the crook of his neck inhaling his toxic scent.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

"She won't come near our kids, I promise." Dylan whispered.

"She's vicious." I whispered.

"When it comes to protecting my loved ones, I'm a monster." He assured.

"Promise she won't hurt our kids?"I asked.

"I promise." He said and pressed a kiss on the top of my head.

"Is the evil bitch gone?" Carter yelled from one of the bedrooms.

"Yes, now stop using such horrible language, kids pick up everything like a sponge." I yelled back.

Carter rushed into the living room with the twins and immediately gave me Eli and gave Dylan, Sebastian.

"I love your kids but my arms hurt." Carter complained.

"You're such a baby they weigh nothing!" Dylan said.

"Well I've been carrying both of them that's twice the weight."

"Oh baby girl, I'm so sorry you got stuck with such a dramatic uncle." I whispered to Eli who was wide awake.

"L---" Carter couldn't finish his sentence because the door bell rang.

I was hoping it wasn't the evil spawn, again.

"What are you doing here?" Carter asked when he opened the door.

"No, the real question is what are YOU doing here?" I could recognize that voice miles away it was Mr.Maxwell.

"I---"

"Is that you, Dakota?" I turned around to face Mr.Maxwell. He had not changed one bit.

Right behind him was Libby, and Landon who was carrying a car seat which I'm guessing had Brandon in it.

"Mr.Maxwell how nice to see you." I smiled at him.

"Oh dear it's been---"

"Are those your babies?" Libby interrupted.

I'm guessing Dylan had not talked to his father and sister about our kids.

"Yes, dad these are your grandkids. Libby this is your niece Elizabeth and your nephew, Sebastian." Dylan said.

Mr.Maxwell looked taken back, but he quickly recovered and grinned.