NINETEEN

TODAY was the day. The day Blake and Zach had so desperately been waiting for.

Blake had stayed up all night due to excitement texting Natalie, who also was a victim of no sleep.

Their conversation focused mostly on texting in all caps and saying 'OMG' multiple times.

Blake had fallen asleep at 2AM and deeply regretted it when her alarm went off at 7AM. She was never a morning person, always slept past 9AM and only woke up before it for important things such as meeting Zach Herron.

Blake still sat in bed ten minutes after her alarm went off trying to find any type of motivation in herself to get up. She knew she needed the time to get ready but she also knew that she was tired as hell and didn't want to get up yet.

Nevertheless, Blake pulled her cold feet over the edge of the bed bringing her upper body to a standing position. She sat there for a moment with her hands rested on her knees and her eyes closed.

She let out a shaky sigh and stood up rubbing her tired eyes as she trudged her way to the bathroom.

There she stood in front of the mirror leaning against the countertop with her eyes shut as her slender fingers trailed along the wall trying to find the light switch. Her other hand raised from the countertop to cover her mouth as she yawned. Finally, she found the switch and turned it on opening her eyes slowly to adjust to the lighting. Upon looking in the mirror Blake was horrified. Her hair was matted in a bunch due to her tying her hair in this weird way and forgetting to take it out, her eyes were so droopy and tired looking, and overall she just looked like a mess.

"I have a lot of work to do," Blake whispered to herself as she exited the bathroom shuffling over to her closest.

She had planned her outfit out weeks ago, back when Zach was here and they went shopping, and was honestly quite excited to wear it. But to her displeasure, Zach insisted that they wore their matching shirts not only before the show, but during their hanging in the day too. "It's our thing!" He would say and Blake only had to agree with it because, well it was their thing and she loved that.

So Blake grabbed the shirt along with her white shorts and laid them along her floral duvet. She then grabbed her actual concert shirt too as Zach said she could change backstage while they prepped for the show. 

Her phone began to ping multiple times, so she got up from her spot and walked over to her phone to see multiple messages from Zach.

7:20AM

zach: TODAY

zach: we are almost there omg

zach: pls tell me you're up

zach: if you sleep in i

zach: imma spam text you just in case if you're asleep

zach: BLAKE

zach: WAKE UP

zach: WAKEY WAKEY 

zach: they say 30 mins till we're there

zach: blAKE