Chapter Twenty-Five

Magsimula sa umpisa

 I push the ring into the frosting of the small chocolate lava cake

I push the ring into the frosting of the small chocolate lava cake. I wipe the sweat from my forehead with the white towel that was draped over my shoulder and throw it on the counter. I pick the two small cakes up and place them in the warmer. The doorbell rings and I grasp my wallet from the island before making my way towards it.
"Hi." I smile at the delivery man and pull some cash out. He tells me the price and I give him the money. He thanks me and hands me the bags of the food. "Keep the change." I say and he thanks me before making his way down the steps.

Quickly I set the two bags on the coffee table in the living room and make my way to the kitchen for some plates and eating utensils. I set those also on the table and grab the remote. I turn the TV on and go to Netflix.
"Now I wait." I say to myself and plop down onto the couch. My palms get sweaty as I hear the locks to the door turn. Gina steps in and I listen to her shut the door back. I stand from the couch and make my way towards her. "Hey Gina... had fun?" I ask and she looks over at me.
"Yeah... look at my nails." She smiles and holds her hands out to me. I grasp them in my own and examine them.
"Beautiful." I smile and she giggles. She bends down to take her heels off but I stop her. "No... leave them on... I like them on you." I say and she gives me a smirk.
"Yeah?" She teases as she wraps her arms around my neck. I nod nervously as my heart slams in my chest.

"I bought take out." I say and she smiles.
"Yay! What is it?" She asks and I grab her hand, leading her into the living room.
"Chinese." I say and she claps her hand.
"Oh! Netflix too? What are planning on doing tonight baby?" She winks and I smile bashfully.
"I just want to spend time with my love." I say softly and she coos and hugs me again.
"You're so cute." She giggles and sits down. We scroll through movies before finally deciding on 'Hush'. I make our plates and we enjoy our plates and then sit back to enjoy the movie. Time passes and once she's finished her food I gather our plates and head towards the kitchen.

I take a deep breath and pull the lava cakes from the warmer. My hands get shaky as I make my way back towards the living room.
"You made cake?!" She squeals and I nod. I hand her the one with the ring in it and she swoops up a fork from the table. She quickly digs in and I begin to sweat. "Mph." She grunts after a bite and pulls something out of her mouth. She wipes it with a napkin and her mouth drops open. "Jamil..." She gasps and I lick my lips before dropping onto one knee. She covers her mouth with her hand as I take the other one in mine.
"I've been feeling like this should be done for a few months now... I-I never thought that I'd be able to have something like this, someone like you. After I get send to that facility I thought my chances of a normal life were gone. I thought people were going to turn their backs on me and deny me things, and they have but you've stuck with me. You make me feel like I can do anything, you make me feel human again. Gina I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So saying all of that..." I stop to take a breath as my heart slams against my rib cage. "Gina... will you marry me?" I ask and tears begin to stream down her face. "Please say yes..." I beg and she begins to nod her head.
"Yes baby! Yes I'll marry you!" She cries and I smile brightly as my shaky hands grasp the ring from her lap. I slide it onto her ring finger and she jumps onto me. "God Jamil I love you! I love you so fucking much!" She cries into my shoulder as I embrace her. My eyes water and I squeeze her tight.
"I love you more baby. I promise you I'll never let anything tear me away from you..." I croak before pressing a kiss to her cheek. She laughs a little and sniffles.
"Baby guess what?" She asks and I gaze into her hazy eyes.
"Yeah?" I ask as I caress her waist.
"I'm pregnant." She giggles and I grab her chin and smash my lips into hers.
_________________________ 😌 comment/ vote 💕
This is the last official chapter. Epilogue coming soon ;)

 Epilogue coming soon ;)