Chapter Two - The Thoughts

"Why didn't you just tell me?!" Len asks, his voice obviously showing worry.

"Because... it's not just my sound... but my... modules..."

"What about your modules?"

"I can't... I can't change modules."

"What...?!"

The bluenette looks at his hands and says, "I'm nothing anymore..."

"Oh you're something, Kaito!" the blonde cries out, "And I'm gonna help you get your voice back if it's the last thing I do!"

"Len-"

"Tell me, how do we get your voice back?!"

"Well... there is one way..."

"Tell me...!" the hoarse boy screams out.

"...Master."

"M-Master? When's the last time we saw him...?"

"Master... he's the only way to get my voice back..."

"Okay, then we'll go!"

"..."

"...You remember where he lives, right?"

"Yeah... I do..." the older male sighs, "But it's really far from here..."

"Does it look like I care?" he stares up at Kaito, his aquamarine eyes watering. "You're my best friend... I won't just let you get hurt!"

"L-Len..."

"Come on! The sooner we leave, the quicker we'll get there!"

Len's small hand grabs onto Kaito's and pulls him through the grassy field, quickly being questioned by him.

"I thought you forgot where he lived-"

"I did... am I going the right way?"

Kaito smiles a bit, "Yeah, you are."

"Good! Let's go!"

After running for a while, the two Vocaloids find Rin and Len's house and go inside.

"We'll rest here, and in the morning we'll head for Master's house." Len says.

"But... what about your sister? Won't she be confused if she sees me on the couch?"

"Who said you were sleeping on the couch?"

Len carefully grabs Kaito's hand and pulls him up to Len's room. The bluenette blushes a bit and looks away.

"I'm gonna module change." Len says, going through his modules in search of his pajamas. "You can change in the bathroom."

"Alright..." Kaito goes into the bathroom silently.

After a few minutes, Kaito walks out in his pajamas - a long-sleeved white shirt with blue designs, blue pants, a blue scarf, and a blue hat.

In front of him was Len in his pajamas - a long, yellow shirt with yellow pants, and his hair was up in a small ponytail on top.

"I'll go ahead and head downstairs-"

"H-huh?" Kaito questions. "You're not thinking of sleeping on the couch, right?"

"Well... yeah..."

"We can sleep together..."

"K-Kaito!" the little boy screams.

"What? Is something wrong?"

"Do you realize what you just said?!"

Kaito scratches his temple for a moment in thought, his face turning a tomato red.