Riddikulus

A/N- Hey guys! It's been aaaaaaaages! 18 months or something ridiculous (see what I did there haha)! Been focusing mostly on my continuous fanfiction, but I had a bit of inspiration - it's random as hell but I wanted to write it so here it is! Happy Reading! :-)

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

The wardrobe rattled as Harry opened the door. Draco cowered behind him as they walked into the spare bedroom, and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Honestly, Draco. It's just a Boggart."
Draco stared at him. "What do you mean, just?"

Harry rolled his eyes again, approaching the wardrobe. "YOU wanted to get rid of the wardrobe! We won't be able to sell it if it's 'buy one, get your worst fear for free'.
"I dunno, it could be quite good Auror training."
"...no."
"Fine, but I'm going to stand out of the way while you do it."
"If you must."

Draco backed away towards the door of the spare room, his fingers grasping the handle in preparation to run from the creature.

Harry glanced at him and shook his head, a small smile on his face. Now that he thought about it, he had never seen his husband face a Boggart in his life. He wasn't sure what form it would take, and part of him really wanted to find out. But he wouldn't force Draco to face it if he couldn't.

He flicked his wand at the catch on the wardrobe, and the door swung open slowly. He heard Draco's sharp intake of breath behind him as he prepared himself to face the creature.

They both jumped as the Dementor swooped out, its cloak swishing behind it. It headed directly for Harry, who yelled, "RIDDIKULUS!"

The Dementor was stopped in its tracks by the spell, and there was a slight pause before it began to transform... into a mop.

The mop started to sweep by itself, getting closer and closer to Draco. He shrank against the door, turning the handle and preparing to run... but it was too late. The Boggart was already transforming again in front of him.

Harry watched nervously as the mop grew into a tall figure with long, matted hair and a thick walking stick. The figure had their back to him, so all he could see was Draco's terrified face.

"Come on, Draco!" He said reassuringly. "Use the spell. You can do it."

The figure turned towards him then, and Harry collapsed on the floor with laughter. When the person had turned, Harry could see their gnarled, ageing face, and their one glass eye that spun around in the socket as the other blinked by itself.

"Your biggest fear is Mad-Eye Moody?"

Draco glared at him, before quickly looking back at the Boggart. He took a deep breath, drew his wand and yelled, "RIDDIKULUS!"

The Boggart began to transform, and suddenly a miniature Whomping Willow stood before them, waving its tiny branches pathetically at them. Draco waved his wand once more, and the tree Vanished in a puff of smoke.

Harry, still chuckling, went and wrapped his arms around his husband's waist. "So... Mad-Eye Moody?"
Draco grumbled a little before answering, a slight smile on his face. "He turned me into a ferret, alright?"