To Hell and Back

Withering in agony, my body contorted into cruel shapes. The pain coursed through my blood like white hot fire burning me from the inside out. The flames consumed my vision obscuring any wisp of hope into the burning ashes below. Hung between time and space itself I could do nothing but scream. Those bloodcurdling screams. His smirk taunted me from above, those blood red eyes glistening in the distance. My blood. Poking and prodding, my body continued to convulse rapidly with a futile attempt to shield the pain. The intense heat was merciless, with sweat dripping off me along with the blood and tears.  Pleading was to no avail, as my pain was his joy. Weaker and weaker with every moment, death was a welcome sight. He pulled me back from the comfort of the inky blackness back into the infernal hell. His voice pierced my mind with more vitality than a serrated blade.

No longer shall you sin. No longer shall you inflict pain. No longer shall you harm.

Released into the arms of my savior, I clutched his hands weeping. Don’t let the devil’s hands poison me anymore. Protect me from that ever-burning furnace. Shield me with your love, and I will be forever loyal. Please Lord don’t send me back to hell. But my prayers locked inside my hardened heart, never to be heard. The blackness faded rapidly, replaced by the flames one more. His faint response: Deny me in front of your friends, and I shall deny you in front of my father. The devil’s screeching laugh accompanied the pain, as I was dragged back into the fiery depths, banished to hell again.