Chapter 17 - January & Draco

ابدأ من البداية

"Of course," Gustaf said. "I enjoy civilization very much, but some of the most wondrous sites are nature's own artistry and can only be reached by walking. I have the best camping equipment money can buy!"

Harry blinked in bemusement. "What about portkeys?"

Gustaf looked horrified. "You cannot appreciate a site if you arrive by portkey."

"No?" Harry asked curiously. He'd never thought about including camping in his world travels. What an intriguing possibility...

--Aiden - January 20--

"You could build us as big a house as you wanted," Aiden said then added eagerly, "I could have a home gallery! With you by my side I could finally get the recognition I deserve." Aiden led them to his next work of art.

"Perhaps so," Harry said and checked another suitor off the list. The art was actually decent but the man left much to be desired. He might be independently wealthy but that didn't mean he wanted a narcissistic leech for a mate.

--Joshua - January 22--

"Britain needs to take care of its own problems," Joshua said with a bit of exasperation. "If they weren't so pig-headed about their muggle-born policies, they probably wouldn't even be in their current situation."

"So you want to stay away from the war?" Harry asked.

"Yes," Joshua said and looked Harry in the eyes. "I'm sorry if that bothers you."

Harry smiled. "It doesn't bother me."

--Draco - January 25--

"You look fine, darling," Chloe Malfoy said to her great-grandson for the fourth time that morning.

"I'm just nervous," Draco admitted reluctantly.

Pansy snorted in amusement. "And where has all your I-know-I-can-make-a-good-impression confidence gone?"

"Pansy," Draco nearly whined.

"You keep telling me that you know what he likes," Pansy said relentlessly.

"I do!" Draco protested.

"Then stop your primping," Pansy said unsympathetically. "Your glamour and voice alteration is perfect, though why he's letting you use them is beyond me."

"It was his suggestion," Draco said in irritation. "I told you that. He even promised not to attempt to look through the glamour."

"As if you wouldn't have asked anyway," Pansy said with just as much irritation.

Draco scowled, completely unable to deny the accusation.

"Don't scowl, darling," Chloe chided. "You want to look your best."

"You're sure nobody suspects anything about the family summons?" Draco asked apprehensively.

"Yes, darling, I'm sure," Chloe re-assured for probably the fifth time that morning. "I had your great-grandfather send a family-wide summons for varying days. Nobody should suspect anything. Now, do you have the portkey?"

"Yes, ma'am," Draco said, patting his robe pocket.

"And your gift?" Chloe asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Draco replied again with another pat.

"Then you had best get going," Chloe said firmly. "You need to be there in five minutes. Pansy and I will amuse ourselves until you return."

"Five minutes!" Draco cried and nearly ran to the door.