Chapter 17 - January & Draco

Start from the beginning

"A box?" Hermione asked blankly. "As in fifty?"

Harry nodded and pulled out another frog. "And he says he'll send another next week."

"And you're going to eat them all?" Hermione asked in shocked disbelief as she watched Harry open a third package.

"Absolutely," Harry said and bit off the frog's head.

--Michael - January 9--

"This is a fantastic view," Harry said to Michael, his half-Veela date for the evening, as he watched the boats on the river.

"I'm glad you like it," Michael said with a pleased smile. "I thought it would be nice to simply sit and talk for our time together, and eat of course."

Harry smiled back. "It is nice. What do you do for a living? And how do you feel about me not pursuing a career myself until my children are grown?"

"I'm pleased to know you wish to be a full-time parent," Michael answered easily as he poured tea for them both. "That is my preference, as well. As for my occupation, I am a traveling distributor for the rare potions ingredients harvested by my family. I spend a great deal of time traveling around the world."

"Really?" Harry asked, intrigued. This was a good answer in regards to his own desire to travel the world. However, he didn't want to always be traveling. "Do you have a home base, so to speak?"

"Yes, in fact..."

--Alberto - January 11--

"Watch your step," Alberto cautioned as he led them along the wet and uneven stones that surrounded the magnificent fountain they were approaching.

Harry stepped carefully as he approached the fountain's edge then knelt and ran a hand through the water. "So you feel that Italy should help Britain in the coming war by sending fighters?"

"Most definitely," Alberto said with a firm nod. "The best way to keep the problem from spreading to the continent is to stop it at its source."

"And you would help fight?" Harry asked curiously.

"If my regiment was sent to help, of course," Alberto said stiffly.

Right. Bad answer. He wanted nothing to do with a mate who would willfully risk his life, especially for a civil war that should be of no concern to him.

--Franz - January 13--

"Do you have any interest in traveling?" Harry asked politely as he picked up his fork.

"It would be interesting," Franz said, flourishing his knife. "My country has many interesting sites we could visit on weekends. We could even go out of the country on my yearly vacation, perhaps to France."

Harry smiled insincerely. Wow, what variety. One more suitor down.

--Alexander - January 14--

"So you feel that the best way to deal with the centaurs is to create a reserve?" Harry asked, resolutely keeping his tone lightly curious.

"Of course," Alexander replied, completely missing the flash of disgust in his date's eyes. "They are completely incapable of interacting with humans on a reasonable level. The only way..."

Harry stopped listening to the man and mentally crossed him off the suitor list.

--Gustaf - January 17--

"I love to travel!" Gustaf said enthusiastically. "I spend as much time as I can out and about. And I have top of the line equipment!"

"Equipment?" Harry asked blankly.