The Colonel

The door shut behind you, and you stared at it long and hard, as if willing it to open again.

Well, it didn't.

So, instead, you took your gaze forward, and started to honestly shake inside your shoes. It wasn't so much that it was a frightening sight... more like all your nerves suddenly deciding to go all shotty on you. You gulped and stepped a bit forward, your heart doing somersaults in your chest as it panicked as you were, and you looked at your judge... no... possible new boss.

He wasn't as scary as you were expecting, honestly. He was grey-headed and balding, with whiskers and eyes of the same. His skin was lightly wrinkled, and also lightly tanned. His eyes twinkled lightly as he looked at you and smiled.

That just made you more uncomfortable, and you suddenly spilled your entire name to this man, who nodded slowly in acknowledgement before speaking.

"I am the Colonel... Though I suppose you can call me whatever suits you...." He trailed off, studying you. "I take it your here to join us..." He said. "But you are young, this outcasts you from everyone..."

You put on an understanding face and nodded, though you didn't feel brave.

He nodded in acknowledgement.  "I see your committed." He then looked at you squarely. "Being a member of the league isn't a badge. It's a target on your back, a dark mark." He looked at a wall, swiveling his chair. "As a member of the league, you won't receive any mercy from a guardsmen or an enforcer... They won't take you as a prisoner." He then looked at you again...

And pulled out a gun!

You reeled backwards, falling onto your rear as your heart nearly stopped, expecting to be shot. Yet, he just... Laughed....

And put the gun on the table. "Come forth here, let me tell you something..."

You slowly crept forward, very cautious.

"Hold out your hand."

Your hand slid out, and he then put the gun in it.

The RPer has earned a Drayter .47!

You examine the weapon in your hands. It's heavy, rusty, and fairly old. It's also a revolver.

"That is an old service Drayton. It's a five-shot weapon designed for making sure one shot does the job." He took a wrapped package out from his desk and handed it to you as well. "Take this too. I'd recommend not opening that until you need it."

He the leaned back in his chair. "So, I take it that I should send you on some kind of mission to prove yourself... Sarah brought you in, yes?"

You nodded... And blushed.

He laughed. "Well, I have something simple, yet challenging. We had some intel brought in, and I need someone to investigate the lead. I think you're qualified... Just don't go loud."

You gulped, the gun felt very heavy.

"You can take Sarah with you if you wish."

You found yourself nodding and soon marching marching door. "Good luck, young one... Good luck."

The door shut behind you, and you started trembling... And slouched against the door.

You then....