"Thank you." She said quietly and sighed.

"I heard that the Holyhead Harpies offered you a deal to be part of their team." The man said as he checked the kit.

"Yes. I'm not accepting, though. I'm going back to play in America." She announced and Draco felt his heart sinking to the floor. "I've received an owl that our seeker left the team so they need me to fill in instantly."

"That's bad news!" The man exclaimed. "I'm sure you will be missed here in England, Ms. Rosier. I must say that you going to America was a big topic to talk about during tea time." Anastasia half-smiled. "A bright witch and amazing Quidditch player using her knowledge for the Americans!"

"I'm aware. But I have to admit that England doesn't feel like home anymore." Her words felt like a knife cutting his heart in pieces. "I'm afraid I don't have anything else to do here, the only thing that holds me back was my godson."

"Sorry to hear that." He heard the man point and before he could do anything else, Anastasia was already walking out of the shop with the kit in her hands. Draco exhaled deeply and held back his instincts of going after her. "I know you're there Mister Malfoy."

Draco frowned as he stepped back from the shelf and walked to the counter where the man was resting his arms on. The boy followed the imaginary path Anastasia left behind her, and soon after he found himself sending a polite nod to the man and walking out of the shop.

          "Are you sure you're alright, Mister Malfoy?" It was almost the fifth time Tom asked him and the boy always nodded slowly with his hand holding the glass of liquor. "Shall I give you a little tip?"

        Draco exhaled deeply and looked up to meet the old man's gaze. "For a broken heart?"

          "It's not particularly for that situation but, go home. Get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day."

          "A day without the girl I love? Totally." He grunted.

          "Is the engagement with Miss Greengrass broken?" Tom questioned with surprise and confusion. Draco shook his head. In that moment, he wished it was broken. "Then what's the matter, then?"

          "The girl I love is leaving to America soon, and I want her to stay, to let her know how much I love her, but I'm afraid my engagement is pulling me back from doing so." He felt a lump forming in his throat. "Why is life so unfair?"

          "Ask yourself why your life is unfair, Mister Malfoy. Is there a reason why your happiness is at stake?"

          Draco frowned. "Yes. I think I know what the reason is."

▲ △ ▲

           At exactly midnight, Draco stumbled into the manor with clumsy steps and loud movements. He wasn't completely drunk, but the liquor inside his system was enough to make him feel dizzy.

          "You're finally back." He turned his head to where his mother was, she ran to him and hugged him tight. "I was so worried!"

          "I'm here now, aren't I?" He snapped, breaking the hug almost instantly. "I'm tired."

          "Of course you must be tired, dear. You were out the whole day!"

          "Emotionally tired, mother. Not physically. Don't get mistaken." He exhaled quickly.

          "Why are you saying that? Is everything okay with Astoria?" She asked almost instantly, making Draco stop passing his hands over his face to look at her.

          "She's okay, mother. And the engagement it's still on, if that's what you're worried about." The young man inhaled and exhaled several times.

         "What's happening to you, Draco? Your behavior towards your mother is unacceptable!" Narcissa exclaimed, clearly offended.

         "I'm going to ask you a question and you have to be completely honest with me, mother." Draco said sternly, not moving his gaze from his mother's. "When Anastasia left, did she send me a letter?"

          "Why are you still thinking about that little blood-traitor? She's gone!" The woman frowned. "You're about to get married with a beautiful lady, you better stop thinking about orphans like her and—"

          "Answer the question, mother." Draco ordered, catching the woman out of guard. "Did you hide the letter?"

           After a long pause, Narcissa finally spoke. She stood straight, raised her chin up and casted a last glance at her son. "I burned it."