why r u up at 3am Em, go to sleep

sorry i woke u up

i wont bother u

goodnight

Anxiety rose in my stomach and I instantly felt stupid for sending him the text. Now he probably thinks I'm dumb.

My phone vibrates again, and I furrow my eye brows, picking it up.

no its fine

i can talk if you want to

no its nothing, go to sleep, its fine

its not fine Em, i can tell

what is it

nothing really

i promise

okay.. if u say so

want to hang out tomorrow?

i mean today haha

I look at the text unsure.

uh

sure

great!

ill call you in the morning okay?

now go sleep

u need it

okay

goodnight ethan

goodnight beautiful

I smile at the text and hug my phone to my chest.

I get this weird feeling in my chest. I feel light and I feel almost like I have no worries. I feel like I might be able to be happy again.

Ans after what feels like years (and actually is years) I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

*

"You've been a bad girl, Emma. You need to be taught a lesson."

I never understood how mom couldn't hear my cries. I didn't know whether it was the fact my room was the furthest away from her room, or she wouldn't admit to herself her husband and the father of her child would do something like this. Maybe she was just tired, and too fatigued, and knocked out so hard she didn't even hear my struggle.

I looked down at my weak, skinny, frail body, and cried more. It was decorated with new bruises, the ones on my hips,which were the most prominent, hurting the most. The battle scars from the last time he was in my room at night, where still healing, when he was already here to deliver more. I knew what was coming and at this point I didn't even try fighting it, when he used me. I held in my screams and whimpered from time to time, his toxic breath grazing my neck, sending wild shivers up my spine, making me grimace.