Piano Lessons

Idea off of that ^^^ post

________________________________________________

Grantaire was frustrated. For all his skills at speeches, rallying crowds, and leadership, Enjolras could absolutely NOT play the piano. 

"I did what you said! You said, play these two keys together, and-"

"No, no, no! Not those two, can't you see they're together? They won't harmonize if they are next to each to each other!" 

"Well, why not? They're all tuned keys, right? WHY NOT?!" 

Grantaire groaned. "Because they're seconds, and they don't sound well together. Can't you just hear it yourself?!" 

Enjolras rolled his eyes, giving up. "All right, all right. Show me where."

Grantaire took his hand and placed his fingers on two keys. 

"Okay, play ONLY the ones your fingers are on." He said tiredly. 

Enjolras did. 

"Yes! Finally!" exclaimed Grantaire. "That's actually right, for once."

"For once?" Enjolras asked in indignation. "What do you mean, for once?"

Grantaire rolled his eyes. "This is the first time you've actually played a chord correctly."

"No..."

"Yes!"

"Not true!! I played that one note right-"

"You did not, it sounded horrible!"

"Oh, whatever" the blonde replied. "What next?"

"So, next put your finger on-NO, NO NO, LISTEN TO ME BEFORE YOU PLAY IT."

Grantaire groaned. This wasn't getting them anywhere.

"Enjy, for once in your life you're doing something completely wrong."

Enjolras tipped his head to the side. "Okay one, don't call me that. Two, is that a compliment or an insult?"

Grantaire shook his head in exasperation. "Whichever you want. Now, put your finger on G- Not on me, the piano! I mean- um..."

Grantaire trailed off, for Enjolras had taken his face in his hand and pulled him down.

"I don't want to play the piano anymore..." Enjolras said, putting on a whiny voice.

Grantaire blushed and tried to remember how to form a full sentence. Damn it, why did he always have to fall for this each time! Couldn't he just get over the fact that Enjolras's face was so close to his that he could see every shade of blue in his eyes and count every freckle on his nose, no matter how light the shade?

"But we haven't even gotten through the first score yet..." he protested, without meaning a single word.

"So?"

"So..."

But he didn't get farther than that. Enjolras pressed his lips against Grantaire's and muffled whatever protests might have come out.

The only thing that Grantaire could register was how soft Enjolras's lips were. Any other thought of playing the piano was gone from his mind.

He pushed his hand into Enjolras's hair, pulling at those golden locks and pressing his face closer. His other hand he placed around his neck, and felt the warmth coming from there. He could think of nothing but of his lips and his hands at the moment. In the darkness of his closed eyes, everything else was a blur.

When they finally pulled away and Grantaire got ahold of his surroundings once more, they stayed in comfortable silence for a while, their foreheads pressed together and their noses lightly touching. Enjolras used his thumb to trace over Grantaire's lips, and the latter closed his eyes to enjoy it.

Then Enjolras broke the silence.

"What were you saying?" he asked.

Grantaire blinked. "Huh? About what?"

Enjolras gave him a teasing smile. "About why we should keep playing the piano..."

Oh that, Grantaire remembered.

"In my defense," he said, trying to keep the grin spreading on his face, "It's hard to find a counter argument when someone else's lips are on yours."

Enjolras pretended to think about something. Then, looking back and Grantaire, answered, "Valid point."

Then he kissed him again.

They decided to let the radio play the music that day.