-A Note from the Author-

Hello, Darklings!

If you made it this far then I'm guessing you read the whole epilogue. Thank you so much for reading all the way through and sticking with me. :) Your support means a lot, and I hope you enjoyed the story.

This may very well be the very first story I ever wrote and completed. I wrote this back in my 10th grade year of high school after we finished the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. (Which, by the way, is a great book, and very powerful.) As the title says, my story was an epilogue to that book. In class as an end-of-the-book project we had the option to write an epilogue to it or a few other things I can no longer remember. Of course the writer in me chose to create this epilogue. My teacher was stunned with my writing at the time, and I wasn't really that good back then in my opinion. Since then I have edited it though, added some to it, and tweaked it to give you the final product here of all my hard work.

When I wrote this I wanted it to carry the message of "everything works out in the end". And I believe I achieved that with this ending. My teacher certainly believed that I made a very appropriate ending for the book, one that could have been included in the actual book. This epilogue does give a sense of rightness and appropriateness to the book if you have ever read The Kite Runner.

As always I enjoyed writing this story as my first attempt at anything fan-fiction, a genre I tend to stay away from. I think I did the book a good justice in this ending though. I don't have much more to say than that without giving away a lot of the book, and I'm not one for spoilers. My sole reason for writing this epilogue was to give the characters the happy ending they deserved, and I'm going to leave it at that. Yes, I know, that sounds so cliché like a fairy tale. In that novel, however, the characters faced enough hardship and horror that they deserved something better. I like to think I gave them that with this epilogue.

So without any further ado...

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think overall, and don't ever be shy to leave comments while reading too. I love to hear from my readers. And one more big sincere thank you to all those that read, voted, commented, or all of the above! Your reads, votes, and comments mean a lot to me, and the support keeps me writing and brightens my day. Thank you! :)

~Daelyn Morgana