"What do you want for your birthday party?" She asked Rose.

"I want a Tangled theme! I want to wear a dress like Rapunzel!" She said merrily like a kid.

Lanie was surprised of her. Most teenage girls don't like that. Teens don't like Disney party except for kids. Maybe she's a fan of Disney? 

"Is there anything you need, Rose?"

"Make sure the sky lantern is there" 

"Okay, it's now noted on my list" Lanie said while writing in her notebook.

"Dad, I have to go now" Rose stood up and gave him a kissed on his cheek then she waved a hand at Lannie saying goodbye. 

It's Kevin and Lannie are alone in the office. She cleared her throat and speak up first.

"Is there you need, Mr. Steves?" 

"I want to surprise my daughter. I want to bring her lost long childhood best friend.  It's a guy. Can you help me to bring him to her party? I've tried to talk with him, but he is very shy." 

" Okay...what is his name?" 

"Jake Miles, it would be better if you and I will approach him so that he would believe us" 

"Mr. Steves I'm not sure if I can go with you. I'm an Event Head and I can't leave the event, I hope you understand. I can bring someone from my team to go with you" 

"I understand, Ms. Reese" 

"Thank you, Mr. Steves. I have a question, where is the event would be held?" She almost forgot the venue. 

"Oh! The venue! I almost forgot that!" He let a small laughed. " It will be held at our Lakehouse in Brooklyn at 6 PM. My secretary, Audrey will take you to my house just call her, okay?"

"Okay, sir" 

"Thank you for coming here, Ms. Reese" 

"It's my pleasure, sir" 

Kevin stood up and opened the door for her and she got out the building.

  Richard is waiting for her in the parking area. When she saw get out from the building, he climbed out of his car and approached her. He saw her with eyes widened as they met.

"What are you doing here, Sir?" 

"Sir? I'm too old to call me sir" 

"I'm showing respect" 

"Forget that, can we talk today?" 

"I'm busy today. I have my first client"

"When is your free time?" 

"I can't figure out when. What do you want to tell me?" 

"We need more time to talk"

"Talk about what?" She is curious

"You"

"Is this about my job?" She's scared now.

"No, the old you"

"What? The old me? does it mean what happened during my interview?" She is referring the long lost niece of Ms. Blake

"Yes"

"You know what, you are weird"

"I know" He walked out heading to the parking lot.

" I don't believe you!" She yelled at him. 

"Time management, Lanie. We don't have enough time" He said without turning to her and he get into his car.

Richard pressed the horn of his car and stuck his head out of the car window " Hop in!" Lanie gets inside the passenger seat.

"Since we are in the car let's  have a short conversation"He said while driving.

"And please drive quickly. I need to meet my teams"

"I know ma'am. So, let's start now! Don't call me sir or Mr. Richard or Blake outside the company. Call me Ric, you usually call me Ric since we were kids. I called you L-L than Lanie. You remember that? You and I are cousins"

"How come we became cousins? I don't even know you"

"Did you have amnesia" 

"I don't know" 

"Okay, I'll bring a photo so that you can remember me" 

"Maybe you've met a wrong person"

"I know it's you!" 

Lanie is tired of arguing with him. She didn't talk after he responded. She fished out her phone from her shoulder bag and dialed Kristine phone number. When she answered her call, Lanie informed her that they will have a meeting about their event later. 

Richard stopped the car in Golden shoe and she says thank you to him after she gets out of his car. She proceeds to her office to have a meeting with her team about Rose's sweet sixteen birthday. Afterward,  her members work for their designated areas. 

Meanwhile, Richard ordered his 3 personal bodyguards to guard Lanie Reese who is sent from her aunt to him.

"Is this an order from Ms. Blake?" A bald Black American asked.

"No, I am your boss starting today.   Guard Ms. Reese, she is my cousin. She is endangered. Don't be close to her so that she wouldn't think you are stalkers, okay?  I'll talk to my aunt about this. Don't worry"

"Yes, sir" 

The 3 personal guards leave the coffee shop and looked for Lanie.

Sorry for the late update. I have been so busy with school works :/