Chapter 1

Michael entered the room and lied on the bed, next to me. He began to stroke my hair. Even though we loved each other, there was still that embarrassment when we were together. I couldn't explain why. Maybe it was because it had been just two weeks that he had showed me how much he loved me.

-Michael...
-Yes?-
What is going to happen?
-What do you mean?
-Now that we're together, on the run. Will we ever live a normal life? Will we be exonerated? Because I don't know if I'll be able to live that way until the end. Knowing that we could both go to jail and never see each other again. Knowing that you could...get killed. I need stability. And I need to be sure that you'll never leave me alone.
-First, I will never leave you Sara. And then...I don't know what's going to happen. I can't promise you anything right now.

I began to laugh:

-What would you have done if the doctor at Fox River was a disgusting old man?
-I had done researches sweetheart.
-Yes, but what if I had decided to quit?-
You wouldn't have done that.
-What if I had died?
-Don't say things like that!
-Well... What if I had call sick for three months?
-I took risks yes, but the important is that you were there.

We had been laughing but now Michael became very serious:

-I'm sorry Sara. For everything I've done. For all the hopes you thought were false but were actually true. For having been the source of so many doubts. I mean... At first, I was planning to use you, yes. When I was working on the blueprints and on the employees, I thought it would be easy. But then... The day I met you I knew I would hurt you. I knew it would be hard. To make you see that I loved you, but that you were my way out. I was so afraid that you would have feelings for me. I wanted to, but I knew it would hurt you. And I think it did. All those nights, during which Linc was thinking about the chair coming closer, Sucre about the digging and Tweener about Avocado, I was thinking of you. And I hated myself. I told myself: how can I hurt such a beautiful woman? What kind of a man am I? If I tell her that I love her, and that I'm sorry, she will reject me and never believe me. And then this day happened, when...
-I remember this day Michael. I remember the look you gave me before you kissed me. I remember the heat of your breath on my neck. I remember my heart beating faster than ever, and I wished that moment last forever.
-And then I asked you to wait for me. And you did.
-I'm glad I did.

We stared at each other and kissed. He hugged me:

-I love you Sara.
-Me t...
-Guys we need to go! Shouted Sucre through the door. Some policemen are coming! Hurry up!

No time to dress up. I picked up my bag, and shoved my stuff and Michael's in it. He was waiting for me near the door. I ran to him, he took my arm and we went out. He put me behind him to protect me and we ran to the car. Linc and Sucre were already in it. The others had been gone for a few days now. Michael had agreed with them that we would split up. Linc started the car:

-You're lucky, the cops were just at the reception.
-Where do we go now Michael? Asked Sucre.
-What do you think about Canada?
-Sounds good to me papi!
-Anywhere we will be free, answered Lincoln.
-What about you Sara?
-Anywhere Michael will go.
-Isn't that sweet? Laughed Sucre. Papi, you're lucky to have a girl like that.
-I know.

-----------------
I hope you're all enjoying the story!