Confusion

THis is Literature22 chapter as welll NOT MINE IN ANYWAY

(:

When I woke up I saw my Mum over me, an ice pack in her hands as she pressed it on my forehead, her expression worried. I glanced at her tan face and brown eyes and threw my arms around her, I was so lonely. She didn't hug me back, but instead stood as still as a statue, her expression furious and guarded.

"Get. Off. Me," She whispered angrily in my ear, low enough so no one else but I could hear her. I released myself automatically but slowly sinking back into the worn couch, tears starting to prick at my eyes. I felt so unloved. My mother hated every ounce of my existence and I didn't have a father or any other relatives to care for me. When was the last time my Mum even told me she loved me? My heart shattered then, a million little crystals all over. They fell in slow motion, torturing me, taunting me. When was the last time? When I was like, a month old? Seven years of no one to even tell you they love you, give you a hug, or even give a kiss to show any kind of affection. But as I sat on the couch, in my own dark, forlorn world I was so involved I didn't realize we had visitors. As I peeked around my Mum, or used to be, I saw Sally, our neighbor across the street. She occasionally used to give me cookies and lemonade until my Mummy found out and went over to her house and told her to stop giving me nice things, I wasn't privileged to anything. That's where my doomed life started because Sally used to be my loving adult, always taking care of me.... But ever since my Mum had gone over there that one day, she stood her distance, never asking me to come over anymore. I knew she felt bad for me, I was still young but she had pretty powerful reasons. And if I was caught sneaking to her house, well, let's just say it won't be good.

But as I looked beside Sally, I saw someone else. He had light auburn hair that was tousled, and reflective bright green eyes that had very tiny flecks of gold. But that was only if you looked closely. He was tall and built and had perfect, white teeth. As I stared at him in awe, his head snapped up from where he looked at the carpet to look at me. His expression turned to relief as he saw I was awake which I took too strongly. He cared that I was awake. The tiny little pieces of my heart slowly picked themselves back up slowly from the deep dark pits to reform and shine once again.

Did he care about me? Then I backtracked, of course he didn't. I was just a little seven-year-old that looked like fun for him to rape me, a stranger. I sighed a little sigh, just a small breath and everybody's attention but Mummy's turned to me. I looked away, I was just too sad for a girl like me to handle. But then as I stood there staring at the broken wall where Mummy smashed a vase a few years ago, I remembered what happened last night and my eyes widened. But I couldn't remember everything. What happened after I blacked out? Why were Sally and this man here?

I tried sitting up to ask Mummy about it but I couldn't, I was just too dizzy. After the man realized what I was trying to do, he came over and supported me up. I thanked him in a broken whisper that seemed to eat him alive by the look on his face. But as he stepped away from me, his eyes stayed on my forehead the whole time. What was he staring at?

"Mummy, what happened?" I croaked, looking at her. Her head snapped up and she narrowed her eye, sending me warning glares before putting on a heartbroken voice.

"Oh, honey! Don't you remember? You were coming down the stairs as we were going to leave for the store and you tripped, falling down the stairs! I carried you here to the couch and tended to you while Sally and her nephew, Sam came over to see what all the commotion was about." Lies. That's all she would ever tell her miserable life. "They insisted I call an ambulance," She continued, "But we can't afford it. Besides, it's not that deep, just a scratch." She shrugged, letting her fake motherly facade down just a bit. Sally saw through it and gasped.

"Just a scratch? Jenna, she split her head open!" My Mum flinched at her name; she hated it and insisted-no demanded-that people call her Mrs. Smith. My Mum didn't answer after that and there was an awkward silence.

I stared at Sam, he was beautiful. His long limbs carried him over to me where he sat next to me, getting a wet cotton pad to wipe dried blood from my forehead. But as he moved my long, blonde hair away from my face and behind my ear, he gave a gasp. That's when I remembered Mummy had pierced my ears. Huh, was it that bad?

Sally immediately came over and also gave a gasp, her face melting and then turned frozen like ice.

"What happened? I'm sorry, but she really needs to go to the hospital, we'll pay for her medical bills," Sally said sternly as my Mum tried to interrupt to say we were broke and we couldn't pay for it. I had never seen Sally so... fierce.

"No! She is NOT going to the hospital! She is my child, not yours and I say she is not going!" Mum was loud, her voice angry as she stood up with agile and started screaming. Both Sam and Sally's face turned shocked, then confused, and finally angry. But before they could say anything, Mummy started screaming again.

"Now get out! Get off my property!" She screamed sending death glares at the both of them. Sam stood still, his shoulders square but Sally tugged on his arm roughly, sending one after another of apologetic glances at me and hate filled ones at my Mum who stood beside me, her arms crossed.

After they were gone, slamming the door shut my Mum turned her anger on me.

"You have someone visiting in an hour. You need a nice dose of your own medicine," She spoke slowly, drawling the effect on punishment with an evil grin. "Now get the hell out of my sight and up to your fucking room before something bad really happens!" She said, her smile turning into a frown as she dragged me by my arm roughly while I almost screamed. Her hold was so tight I was going to have bruises, maybe even a few broken vessels. I climbed up to my room silently and slowly, dreading the time when I saw myself in a mirror and jus how bad the damage was. But more than that, I was dreading the time when my "visitor" was coming for me. I shuddered before closing my door softly with a click.