9

part nine;

____

PENELOPE PULLED DOWN her dress for the hundredth time since putting it on. It was something that she was not comfortable wearing— something that Brooke made her wear. It was a tiny black dress that literally showed every inch of her body. Penelope felt out of place wearing it, but both of her (girl) best friends had told her she looked great.

"Would you stop?" Brooke demanded, placing her hands over Penelope's shoulders. "You look great, and Nick will think so too."

"She's not wrong," Angel said walking ahead of them, pulling open the entrance to the bar. It was a small, little place, maybe, 10 minutes from Penelope and Brooke's place. The girls (meaning Brooke and Penelope) were always seen here. It was their spot to hang— and now it was the spot Brooke planned for Penelope to realize Nick's feelings for her.

Walking into the bar, Penelope immediately looked around for a sign of her friend. Spotting him at a table, she pointed him out to her friends. Brooke and Angel smiled, pulling Penelope along.

The music playing was something Penelope just noticed. Which was odd, considering it was one of her favorites— a Coldplay song. Once the noise played into her head for a beat or two, she began to become annoyed with it. Sure, she loved the band (and song) but it was far too loud. It being so loud caused the voices to sound slurred together and hard to understand.

The next thing she noticed was the smell in the air; sweat and alcohol. Being only 22, alcohol was new to her. Of course, she's had her fair share of too much to drink and hangovers. She was still too young to know the ins and outs of it all.

After all her senses examined the place (which really wasn't necessary, seeing as how it wasn't her first time there.) she tapped on Nick's back. He turned around, his hair falling into his eyes. He had been growing it out for his next movie and Penelope was definitely digging it.

Nick's eyes fell onto the girl he liked, his mouth falling open at the sight. "Wow. . . Nel, you look amazing."

Blushing, Penelope looked down before meeting his eyes and muttering a quick thank you. Brooke on the other hand smiled loudly, "See? What did I tell you?"

The four laughed, letting the awkwardness slip away. Penelope nodded at the table, "Shall we?"

The remaining people nodding, sitting down in the booth Nick had picked out for them. No conversations being spoken for a few moments, and only hearing the blaring music, the 22 year old brunette yelled out, "Who wants a drink? I'm gonna get one."

Angel and Brooke nodded their heads, saying what they wanted and as she rose to leave and Nick asked, "Want some company?"

"Sure thing," she smiled at the handsome man in front of her. Together they walked up to the bar, ordering what everyone had asked for.

Nick looked at his friend, smiling, "You look really good tonight."

"I never thought you would wear something like this," he pulled at her dress a bit. Penelope shook her head, her bangs flopping over her eye. She moved them away, "Oh, Brooke. . . It was her idea. I guess I look weird, right?"

Nick shook his head before picking up the drinks that now sat next to them, "No, it's a good look for you."

"Thanks," she pushed the compliment to the back of her mind, trying not to blush. She picked up the last of the drinks and began to walk back to their table.

It had been awhile, everyone was drunk and having fun. Angel and Brooke had went off, finding themselves guys to make out and dance with. Nick had sat watching the girl he liked while she went to the dance floor, dancing with different boys. Nick felt his hand grip tightly onto the beer bottle he was holding, in jealousy.

He watched his crush grind on people she hardly knew. It all moved so fast, Nick saw the man spin her around and press his lips to hers. Even in his drunken mind he saw her try to push him off, only having him come back again. He could see her visibly struggling to get away. So, he stomped over.

"Hey!" he yelled, catching the guy's attention. "What is going on?!"

The unnamed man smirked, it coming off with bad intentions, "I'm just givin' my girl some lovings." Nick eyed the man's arm, wrapped around his girl. The older guy pulled Penelope close again, despite her disapproval. "Please, stop!"

Nick, pulling Penelope away, lunged forward at the man, throwing a punch at his face. The guy fell unconscious and multiple gasps were heard. Nick looked around at the crowd before latching onto Penelope's wrist and pulling her away.

"Nick, stop. We can't just leave Brooke and Angel here!" she protested, pulling on her hand.

"Fine, but I've got to get out of here," he let go of her hand, leaving her standing alone and scared.

"Fine," she mumbled watching him stalk away.

____
i actually love them alot