Getting Laid. 4

Getting Laid.

The trials and tribulations of a girl looking for Mr. Right. She's kissed a lot of frogs, but now she's found her Prince Charming and unfortunately he's a little unattainable -being that he's engaged to her elder sister and all. But, is love worth a family rift with your favourite sibling and being disowned by your whole family -who knows? Autumn certainly doesn't and she's left fighting her feelings and caught in two minds -what should she do? She's always been high on ethics, being vegetarian and all, but when her morals are put to the test will she falter, or will she stand true and come out the other end unscathed?

Chapter 4.

I woke up slowly, it took all my energy to peel my eyelids apart. My mouth felt dry and my lips cracked and my skin felt greasy from sleeping with a full face of make-up. When I finally managed to look up I met India's staring eyes. Those big baby blues were flooded with questions and thirsty for knowledge.

I sat up and she held out a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice to me, I wanted to speculate that it was because she felt guilty and that she'd known all along who Dave Garland was but I knew she was just following our little routine. That had also been the reason she'd been awaiting my return last night.

Once we were both curled up on the sofa with steaming mugs of coffee clutched between our fingers the inquisition began.

"So did you like him?" She asked her big blue eyes looking smug.

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Dave, of course. I know it's early and you've got a hangover, but honestly Autumn it's hardly rocket science."

"Dave?" I questioned, my voice hoarse with disbelief and the memory of who Dave really was. Toby.

"Yes Dave."

"Dave?" I asked again, my voice merely a croak.

"Yes Dave. Dave who owns the tattoo parlour. Dave who you just dated. Dave who carried you home last night." She stated, with wide eyes, exaggerated hand motions and her voice incredulous. She sounded as if she were speaking to a child and I couldn't understand why.

"That wasn't Dave."

"It wasn't?" Her voice was a croak now, and I definitely didn't miss the large gulp that accompanied her words.

"India..." My voice was low with the anger I was only just managing to keep in check. She hadn't known Dave, she'd set me up with some stranger. Who knows what kind of freak he could have been. A pervert, some greasy old man or a psychopathic megalomaniac. Then again was the alternative that much better?

Look on the bright side. I whispered to myself trying to get that red headed temper under check. The bright side -is there one? Oh yes, India didn't know she was setting me up with the heartbreaking bastard of a man whore Toby.

"What happened to Dave?" She squeaked.

"Dave wasn't Dave."

"Stop talking in riddles. What happened to Dave? I hope you haven't hurt him he was one of Red's dearest fr-"

"Dave wasn't Dave. He was Toby." The second I said his name India's face paled and her jaw went slack. The air seemed to fill with a smothering silence, it was a thick entity that seemed to stretch and stretch.

"He was Toby. Toby Myers, Toby?" India repeated her voice a whisper. I nodded."Oh God Autumn I'm so sorry I didn't know I swear I didn't It was all Red's idea he said you were just Dave's I mean Toby's type and I thought that maybe he'd be the one and then because he's friends with Red and we're friends it would be good ya know because normally our boyfriends don't really get along but this way they would and when Red described him he sounded perfect for you just perfect and Red said he was such a good guy and Red's such a good judge of character I mean at least normally he is and I swear Autumn I swear I didn't know I'd never have". Her breath ran out just as I burst into tears.

India wrapped her arms around me pulling me close so my wet salty tears soaked her strappy shirt. Her body began to shake as she cried with me.

We'd spent the day moping watching sad films and hugging each other as we cried. We still had bed head hair and our pyjamas on; the only change now were the empty popcorn bowls that surrounded us and the thick duvet that we had pulled up to our armpits.

"Let's go out." India said suddenly, her voice upbeat and surprisingly bright compared to the groaning we'd been doing all day. I looked at her in surprise.

"We can't go out." I stated, sceptical and as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. Though really I didn't know why we couldn't, it was just ingrained into me -if you get your heart broken you don't go out you sit at home and eat fatty food and regret it later when your thigh's become all wobbly.

"Why not?" Asked India still all chirpy.

"Because... because... I mean just because. Look at us we've got puffy red eyes, we're bloated and our hair's greasy not to mention a complete mess."

"And we can fix that in a matter of hours."

"Really?" I asked, a little hope in my voice. It could be fixed and I would much rather go out and enjoy myself than sit here and wallow. Although I did quite like to wallow.

"Yes." India said pulling me up, turning me round and slapping my bum as she sent me off. "Now go get in that shower and make yourself beautiful."

"It's going to take a whole lot more than a shower to make me beautiful." I grumbled, but went none the less.

Three hours later we were ready. Faces caked and hair blow dried. Legs shaved and fake tan on -well at least I had fake tan on India hated the smell.

"Let's go." India said, grabbing her clutch and turning to leave.

I followed suit and grabbed my union jack clutch from the kitchen table as we left. It reminded me of Luke and I still felt like an idiot I must have thrown myself at him and he'd rejected me. I felt a fool and I had yet to tell India about that little debacle. I think after the shock that she'd set me up with Toby Myer's she'd forgotten if it hadn't been him to take me home it must have been someone else.

"Hand me your bag a sec." India said whilst snatching it from my grasp.

"What're you doing?"

"I just need some gloss and I forgot to pack mine, I thought you might have some. Hang on. What's this?" India pulled out a neat little rectangle of card. "Luke Brandon. And who might this Mr. Brandon be?" India asked her pouty lips puling into a smile and her eyes shining with mischief.

"Give it." I grinned, snatching the posh bit of paper. I turned it over and scrawled on the back were the words 'call me'.

An ear to ear smile consumed my face and I squealed in delight. He liked me. Luke liked me.