Chapter 2

"Hey TT" she said hugging her.

"Hi Nicki, we've missed you babe"

"I miss you guys too" she said hugging the rest of them. The girls settled down on the couch and Nicki entered the booth again. Safaree sat next to Mark and they both worked together on the beat while Nicki began spitting a couple rhymes. Tyesha, Candi and Lauren just sat back and watch their best friend handle business. After a few hours in the booth Nicki was finished with the song. Candi decided that they should all go out for some drinks just to catch up on each other's lives. Everyone agreed and soon they said their goodbyes to Mark and slowly exited the studio. By now it was almost 11pm when they pulled up to Tinsel town. They each ordered their drinks and sat at one of the tables. Nicki really didn't drink that much so she just settled for a coke .Safaree ordered two shots of Bells while Tyesha settled for a Piña Colada. Lauren and Candi both got apple martinis. They all were catching up and having a good time. Nicki was just happy to be around her friends and enjoy their laughter and convos. Soon Safaree didn't say a word he just sat with his head on the table and Nicki knew he was completely tired. Tyesha looked at SB and grabbed her camera snapping a couple photos and laughed. "I think we wore him out today girls!" Lauren and Candi looked at each other and said "We sure did". Nicki just shook her head and laughed. Safaree picked his head up from the table a said "Never again am I going shopping with three women". Everyone started laughing and got up from the table and headed to their respective vehicles. Safaree hugged Nicki and sat in the car and waited for the girls. They hugged and each said their goodbyes and headed home.

Once Nicki got back home all she wanted to do was lay in her bed and sleep. As soon as she made it inside her bedroom she flung herself onto the bed and just laid there. She couldn't help but think about how cute Drake was even though she just met him, she felt like somehow they had a strange connection. Nicki really didn't date much either, after her last relationship fizzled she decided to focus more of her energy into her music. She pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and picked up her blackberry to call her mother. She called to check in at least three times a week no matter how busy she was. Nicki dialed her mother's number and waited for her to pick up.
"Hello" Ms. Carol answered.

"HI MOMMY!!" Nicki said loudly.

"Hey baby, how's everything going?" Mama Carol asked.

"Ughh, it's going good I guess"

"Well what do you mean you guess?"

"I don't know ma, sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time, then on the other hand I feel like I'm getting there"

"Well don't stress yourself out thinking about it baby, God will work everything out you just have to trust and believe in him"

"I know, I'll try hard not to think about it"

"That's good baby"

"Where's Jelanie and My little lambchop?"

"They're in the living room with your father watching the game, hold on.....Baby your on speaker...talk"

"Hi guys" she yelled through the phone.

"Hi Nicki" they said in unison never breaking their focus from the game.

"They're really into that game" her mother said laughing.

"Haha ok, I'll talk to guys later"

"Ok, I love you"

"I love you too" Nicki hung up and threw her phone on the bed. Nicki was just about to jump in the shower when her phone rang.