Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

He steps in front of me and grabs my waist, picking me up and sitting me down on the bed.

"Go to sleep," he says with a chuckle at my astounded expression.

"Fine," I grumble at him with a glare as I lean back.

He just smiles at me as he walks away. I lay back on the bed and close my eyes. 

The darkness returns.

-

Three Weeks Later

I hurry down the street as the rain pours down from the sky. I'm supposed to meet Roy at his place but I am already late and I am going to be even later now.

Without Roy, I would not have survived these last few weeks. He's really been there for me, almost the way Laurel used to. But, it's not quite the same. It was different, it is different. With Laurel, my heart wasn't racing in my chest like it is right now as I walk up the path to Roy's. 

Just as I step up onto the porch, my foot slips and I fall forward. Luckily, I manage to catch myself but when I stand up, there are a few bleeding cuts and forming bruises on my hands.

"God dammit," I grumble.

"Aww, what's wrong Carson?" Roy teases from the doorway and I glare at him.

"Shut up Harper," I snap as I walk into his place.

"Come on Carson," he mutters and places his hand on the small of my back.

I try to ignore my racing heart as he guides me into the kitchen. He motions to the table and I reluctantly sit down. He turns around with a wet washcloth and gently takes my hand. My heart skips a beat and my skin burns as his fingers brush across mine. I quickly push the thought away as he looks up at me.

"Thanks," I say softly and he smiles at me.

He finishes with the washcloth and disappears around the corner, returning with a t-shirt and a pair of sweats. He hands them to me and I smile at him.

"Dejavu," I mumble and he chuckles. "Thanks," I repeat and he nods at me.

"Anytime," he says with a smile.

We both chuckle slightly and I walk around the corner. I change into the t-shirt and sweats and walk back out. He looks uncomfortable when I walk back out and I give him a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" I ask him and he shifts in place.

"Nothing," he mutters unconvincingly.

"Harper," I snap and he sighs.

"With Oliver disbanding the team and everyone leaving, I just thought," he trails off and my heart drops as I realize what he's saying.

"You're leaving," I state, my voice emotionless even though my heart feels like it just shattered into a million pieces.

"Look-" he begins but I cut him off.

"You're leaving," I snap again before I turn around and walk out his door into the rain.

"Carson, wait," he yells as he runs out after me and grabs my arm, turning me around.

"Just leave me be," I snap at him but he pulls me back.

"No," he snaps back and I glare at him.

"What is there to say? You are leaving just like everyone else is, it's fine, I get it," I snap at him.

"That's not what this is," he says quietly.

"Then what is it? Huh?" I yell at him. "If you aren't leaving then what the hell are you doing?" 

"Come with me," he says and I stare at him in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask him and he just looks at me in surprise. "No," I scoff and shake my head as I turn around.

He grabs my arm and before I know what's happening, his lips are on mine. He gently runs a hand through my hair as his other hand grabs my waist. His lips work against mine with a rough, angry passion that I mirror with my own. 

When we pull back, I say, "Kissing in the rain, how cliche are we?" 

"Apparently, very," he responds and I almost smile, almost.

"I'm still mad at you," I grumble and glare at him.

"I know," he says with a smile.

He pulls me back to him and our lips meet in another passionate kiss as we stumble back inside.

-

Well, there we go. 

They kissed guys.

It happened.

Don't worry, there will be a lot more of those two in the following chapters so get excited!

Also idk what happened but parts of this chapter were missing or something when I tried to view it and I don't really know what happened but for those of you who are confused, I unpublished the chapter for a minute and then republished it. Sorry for the confusion :)

I love you guys and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry, it's a bit short.

Thanks for reading! :)