I know it sounds silly but, I'm actually excited. Malik never lets me out of the house unless he's with me. I am allowed to go to the grocery store alone, as well as dropping and picking MJ up from school. But here's the thing, my attire must consist of loose jeans, loose T-shirt, or sweats.

"I don't want no man having a look at what's mine when I'm not around," he had stressed.

I got MJ dressed for our day out; he wore a red Polo tee, True Religion khaki shorts, and the latest Jordan's. He was only two, but Malik always had him looking fly.

I, on the other hand sported a London, floral print, skater skirt dress with a pair of Nude pumps. My accessories included a gold Juicy Couture watch, gold Aztec triangle earrings, and a Michael Kors Selma tote.

"Who you getting all dressed up for?" Malik asked as he walked into our closet.

Myself, nigga!

"Nobody," I answered quickly.

"Mhm," he grumbled pulling me into him -my backside to his front.

"Maybe when you get back, you'll take care of your man," he huskily whispered in my ear.

I nodded and then freed myself of his arms before picking up MJ and heading downstairs. I picked up a set of keys and made my way to the garage. I hit the unlock button and watched for whatever car that would beep.

It was Malik's red 2014 Cadillac CTS. I say Malik because I owned no vehicle.

"What you needa car fu'?" He'd asked before answering himself, "To take my son and leave me? Hell nah cuh!"

I opened the door and placed MJ's car seat in the middle leather cushion. He crawled inside and waited patiently for me to buckle him in. I drew the seat belt across his body and then asked if he was comfortable. He simply nodded and then politely asked for his iPad.

I hopped in the front seat and began backing out of the driveway. Traffic wasn't too bad, so we ended up at the mall in about thirty minutes. I sat MJ in his top of the line stroller and we began our journey.

I first stopped at the True Religion store to pick up something for Malik. I found a simple pair of ripped up jeans. Second I stopped at the Prada outlet to find myself a dress.

Just as I was purchasing my items, a familiar voice called out to me. It sounded like-like mama. I couldn't believe my ears. I stilled, my heart trying to free itself from my body.

"Kimberly, baby it's me," she said.

I slowly turned to face the woman who birthed me.

"Mama?" I asked my voice cracking.

I couldn't control the tears that escaped my eyes and cascaded down my cheeks. My mother pulled me into her warm body, engulfing me with love. My shoulder shook as I sobbed into her full chest. After a minute, I pulled away and laughed a bit.

"Your shirt is destroyed," I said, trying to suck up the constant tears.

"It's fine baby, I miss you so much! You could be shitty and I would still want to be in your presence, shitty and all," she laughed.

I smiled a real smile for the first time in years, I miss my family. I miss my life...

She noticed MJ sitting in his stroller and bent down to his level.

"You must be my grandbaby," she said smiling brightly.

He smiled back and nodded -answering as if he really knew.

"What's your name?"

"Malik, but you can call me MJ," He replied.

Mama's eyebrows shot up. She, of course didn't comment at the name Malik for MJ's sake, but I know she's heated. She gave MJ a wet kiss on the forehead and the rose from her position.