Chapter 1

The incessant beeping of my alarm clock slowly drilled away into my brain as I feebly attempted to drag myself out of the depths of sleep - unsuccessfully. I briefly managed to bring my fist down on the source of my discomfort, silencing its wails. Sighing with satisfaction, I let myself fall back asleep into the soft, crisp sheets...
"Jenny, for the last time, get up. Now," Dad said sternly, throwing the covers off of my body. "We're leaving in 45 minutes. Get up." He repeated, before leaving the room.
Groaning, I heaved myself off of my bed and into the bathroom to prepare myself for school.
30 minutes later I had showered, dried, dressed and made myself look presentable for those lucky enough to be within my presence today. Just joking. I made my way downstairs where Romeo and Cruz were sat at the kitchen table finishing breakfast. I walked over to the kitchen counter where Dad was talking to Brooklyn.
"Nice of you to join us. Took you long enough." He said.
"It's not my fault my alarm didn't wake me up."
"Yeah, well that happens when you practically punch it into the table," Brooklyn laughed.
"Well if they didn't have such an irritating noise, then maybe that wouldn't happen," I shot back.
"I think that's the whole point of an alarm clock, Jen. You know, to get you out of bed," Dad said, raising his eyebrows. "Anyway, quit your whining and grab something to eat. You've got 5 minutes."
"I'm not that hungry, so I'm ready when you are."
Dad cocked a brow, "Get something to eat. I'm not having you passing out at school."
"I'm not hungry," I groaned. "If I eat I'll feel sick."
"Eat." Dad said sternly. "No arguments."
I huffed in frustration and grabbed a granola bar from the pantry, tearing open the packaging and ripping a little off. "Happy?" I glared at him.
Dad sighed, getting frustrated. "Right, come on everyone, let's go."
As Cruz, Romeo and Brooklyn started to head towards the front door, Dad stopped me. "Quit with the attitude now, Jenny. I don't care if you're not hungry, you need to eat and get energy for the day. When I ask you to do something, you do it. Without an attitude and without talking back. Got it?"
I clenched my jaw.
"Have you got it?" He repeated firmly.
"Yes." I muttered.
"Yes what?"
I sighed, "yes, sir."
"Thank you." Dad nodded. "Now, come on, or we'll be late."
He held out his arm, indicating for me to go first. I began to trudge towards the door, dad close behind me to hurry me along. When we reached the car, I climbed into the back with Cruz and Romeo, whilst dad got into the driver's seat next to Brooklyn.
20 minutes later we had dropped Cruz and Romeo off at their school, and we were now pulling up outside mine (Brooklyn is always the last to be dropped off at his college). Before I could jump out, Dad stopped me.
"Wait a minute, Jen, I want a word," he said.
"What?" I spat, irritated.
Dad raised his eyebrows with a slight glare. "Didn't we just speak about your attitude less than half an hour ago?"
I clenched my jaw in frustration.
"Jenny..." he warned. "This needs to stop. Right now. If I hear about you getting into any trouble whatsoever, I will not be happy, understood?"
I sighed, realising now what not the time to argue. "Yes, sir."
"Good, now off you go before you're late," he said, unlocking my door.
"Bye dad, Brook" I nodded at each of them, not looking dad in the eye. They nodded back, both responding with a short "bye" before I shut the door and trudged through the school gates, and towards the jaws of hell.

————————————————————————

Welcome to chapter 1 of 'The Beckham Daughter', the first of many to come. I hope you enjoyed the very first chapter, more drama to follow!
Please leave me feedback and any ideas you would wish to see in the story. I look forward to hearing from you!☺️