Chapter 15:

"Nick wake up we have to keep walking." I say shaking him awake. He blinks his eyes open and looks over at me. He sits up rubbing his eyes then moves to his feet. I hand him his gun then start walking. He follows me as we walk through the woods listening to the birds sing.

"So are you and Shane a thing now?" He asks and I shrug

"Not really." I say

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he hasn't exactly made his feelings clear to me. Acting like a dick one second then he's the sweetest thing the next and then he's back to first base." I say continuing to walk.

"But you like him?" He asks and I sigh stopping but keeping my back to him.

"Yeah, I do." I say beginning to walk again.

**

Luke and I continue walking down the street with our weapons out and loaded. The blood trail vanished like ten minutes ago so now we're just walking.

"She couldn't have gotten too far right?" I ask and he shrugs.

"No idea." He mumbles as we continue to walk. Time passes and we decide to cut into the woods we walk towards a huge oak tree and I stop.

"Foot prints." I say squatting down.

"Two sets though." Luke says pointing out the others.

"Then either Alec has already found this trail and is following it, or Christina is with someone." I say

"Who would she be with?" Luke asks and I shake my head

"As far as I know, nobody is still sane." I say.

"Well, I can promise you she's not with me." I jump to my feet and spin around loading my gun.

"Where is she!?" I yell at Alec.

"I'm not sure." He says smirking

"Don't lie to me tell me where she is!" I growl

"I do not know." Alec says and I lunge at him but Luke holds me back.

"You bastard what did you do to her!?"

"Not what I wanted." He says and I try to break free from Luke's grip to strangle him.

"Shane you're giving him what he wants. He wants you mad! Snap out of it." Luke says and with a huff I shake him off but don't lunge.

"You should listen to that boy more often he's very smart." Alec says walking towards us with a small limp.

"You're injured." I say venomously

"Yeah your bitch of a girlfriend decided to shoot me when blowing me up didn't work. Smart little thing I'll give her that." He says. I also notice blood seeping through a wound on his arm.

"Where was she heading?" I ask clicking a bullet in place and aiming it at him.

"I don't know, even if I did why the hell would I tell you? I was unconscious for most of her escape." He says with a scoff.

"Impressive, you got beat up by a girl." I say

"Yes, she's definitely something. Catching me off guard and escaping." He says almost calmly

"Why are you acting so cool about this?" I ask

"Because thanks to you I can track her easier."

"I'd kill you first." I say and Luke clicks his bullet into place as well. Alec cocks his head to the left with a smirk.

"Two against one? Now that's not fair, is it?" He asks

"How about two against hmm let's go with four." He snaps his fingers and four of those damn creatures appear surrounding Luke and I. Luke puts his back to mine.

"Goodbye gentleman, I'll be sure to send pictures from our bed." He says then his wings grow from his back as he jumps into the sky and vanishes.

"Damn it." I mutter aiming my gun at our new friends.

**

Nick and I continue to walk through the forest in silence watching everywhere for anything strange or suspicious. I hear a crack and I spin around my gun loaded and ready to fire. Nick does the same thing and all that is heard is silence. I can feel my heart beating in my chest as I grip the gun tighter. A rustle sounds in the same area and I aim my gun at the bush. A bunny hops out of it and looks at us with it's beady eyes then hops away.

"Just a rabbit." I say feeling Nick's back to mine. I turn around and he nods as we put our guns up and begin walking again.

**

The creatures stare us down as they snake towards us. I recognize two of them, and so does Luke.

"Is that-

"Yes." I say then we jump into action. I block blows coming from every which way and shoot two whatever they are down. I back bend as a claw slices at me then I shoot the thing in it's chest and it falls dead to the ground. I see Luke shoot the one that was attacking him.

"That was the biggest one." He says putting his gun away and I nod.

"Let's go." I say then we start to run through the woods.

**

Nick and I break through the woods and find ourselves on another road.

"Stay behind me." I say quietly and carefully walking. We reach an alleyway when the first gun shot sounds.

"Get down!" I yell yanking him down beside me and behind a wall. I take a deep breath then pop my head out from behind the wall and start shooting. The people start back and I drop back down. Nick takes his turn while I reload my gun then he puts his back against the wall and I go again. The last guy gets shot and I watch him fall to the ground.

"Let's go, let's go." I say as we run through the ally and past the bodies. I duck as a knife is chucked at my head then I aim and shoot. The man falls and Nick and I continue to run.

"They are human well mind washed, but they are human." I say as we fall against another wall as more gun shots go off. Without popping out from behind the wall I shoot my gun. Grunts fill the air as the people fall to the ground. I peek from behind the wall and shoot the final man down.

"Oh shit! We are not safe here. We have to get out!" I exclaim and Nick nods grabbing my arm as we start to run again.

"Wrong way!" I hiss when we come face to face with what looks to be a whole army of brained washed men and women. We spin around and start to run again coming to a quick stop.

"We're surrounded." I say

"Then I guess we better put our fighting skills to the test." Nick says yanking out a wicked looking knife and sticking his gun in his waist holster. I nod yanking out my own knife as well and putting my gun in my thigh holster.

"You ready?"

He nods

"Good. Let's do this." I say then the fight begins.

**

We move into a walk as we enter a part of the woods that seem to start getting denser. Luke pulls out his gun and I do the same.

"We need to watch everywhere Alec and his creations are out here." I say and Luke nods. We continue walking and I sigh when I see a small clearing about thirty feet ahead.

"I think that's an opening." I say

"Good." Luke says then we start running again.

**

I drop out of the sky and grind my teeth together at the pain in my shoulder. Damn her for hitting me. I decide to move to foot and start walking. My plan is to cut Christina and whoever she's with off because she's to far ahead for me to catch up to her but if I go around I should be able to block her and take her again.

I continue walking wondering what became of Luke and Shane and oo do I hope it was something good.

**