Chapter One: I've Just Seen a Face

Start from the beginning

"Cool. A good song." The girl added, fixing her blonde hair as she looked at her reflection from the elevator door.

Riley nodded before the elevator made a screeching sound and suddenly halted, making both girls stumble. Riley furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at the door for a few seconds before sighing. "Damn it." She mumbled.

"Not my first time stuck here, you know. It's usually with a hot person and we end up—"

"I don't want to know." Riley cut her off, rolling her eyes as she pressed the emergency call button.

The girl chuckled. "—having deep and intellectual conversations." She finished. "Judgmental off the spot, I see." She noted with a hum. "Not a good quality."

Riley ignored the girl before talking with the person who answered and told them the situation. She sighed when the call ended. "We'll be here for a while." She mumbled, listening to the next song that played for a little before changing it to the next song and repeating the process two more times before feeling content with her song choice and continuing to blast her music from her headphones.

The girl was already sitting on the floor, arms crossed. "Not like you had much to do in the first place." She shrugged.

Riley raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"I've been listening to your taste in music—as much as your loud headphones permit, anyway—and it's an interesting collection of songs." The girl observed. "I Was Made For Loving You by Kiss, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic by The Police, and Pretty Young Thing by Michael Jackson. I've connected the pieces. You're a hopeless romantic that's cheesy and predictable." She chuckled.

Riley scoffed. "That means nothing." She retorted.

The girl smirked. "Your eyes remind me of roasted almonds," She recited dramatically from what she skimmed over earlier, having been blessed with a knack of memorizing. "So warm and inviting, you couldn't be more perfect. From the tip of your coiled, blue hair to the end of your yellow coat and more. I'm in love with you." she sighed and shook her head. "Kind of creepy." She shrugged.

Riley's cheeks turned pink and her jaw clenched. "How dare you look at my phone? It's private and for no one's eyes but mine."

The girl shrugged. "It's kind of hard not to look down at someone typing quickly on their bright ass phone—who even has their phone that bright?" She teased before looking at Riley. "What's her name?"

Riley cleared her throat before looking down at her phone and putting it into her pocket. "It's none of your business," she said, tucking a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

The blonde hummed as she looked at Riley. "I can tell you're dying to tell me. You want everyone to know about this girl that's got you reeled." She chuckled.

"No I'm not." Riley lied, feeling her cheeks turn red.

"Who is she, huh?" The girl teased. "Is she cute?"

"Of course she is." Riley rolled her eyes.

"What else?" the girl tilted her head.

Riley shook her head. "I don't even know your name and here you are trying to get me to tell you my business."

"Fair enough," The girl agreed. "Maya." Maya nodded to Riley. "You?"

Riley blushed. "Uh...Riley." She mumbled.

"Okay, Riley, what else can you tell me about this girl you're in love with?"

Riley bit her lip. "I...don't know."