Rogue One

Jyn's pov

Once I left the conference with Bodhi, I joined Chirrut and Baze.
- What did they say? Baze asked me.
- They want to surrender. They do anything for small things, on the other hand to prevent a civil war, there is no one left.
- We will not let them do it, we have to fight, we would have done it for nothing otherwise. Bodhi said to me.
- Oh no, she wants to fight. Chirrut replied.
- I don't think we are enough to fight them.
- How many do we need? Baze asked me.
- Why are you asking that? He motioned me to turn around. Behind me was Cassian with about twenty men.
- They would never believe you. He told me.
- I appreciate the support. Why did you come? To make fun of me? Tell everyone that I tried to kill you while you were sleeping? To tell me that you agree with this decision?
- But I do. I believe you. Most of us had to let go of terrible things, kidnappings, assassinations, even rapes. Me too, during my years in the army, I was forced to kill, to follow orders like a zombie. Whenever I came back from a mission that I wanted to forget, I told myself that I did it for the good cause, we could not bear to have done it for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I give up now. If you're really doing this, I want to help.
I had not realized before that he had a horrible childhood, he had lost everything when he was younger than me when I too lost everything. Then recruited by force by the army, followed orders that go against his moral code.
- It will not be very comfortable, we will be a bit cramped but I think we can all hold. Bodhi told us.
Cassian made a sign to his men to prepare and take all the useful stuff. Kaytoo barked at me, it was the first time he did not growl on me, finally a little positive in this dog. I looked at Cassian, the first time he smiled in my presence, when he smiled, his eyes were soft. He turned around me, never leaving my eyes.
- I'm not used to people sticking around when things go bad.
- Welcome home. I had lost my real family, but I had found a new one, two paternal figures, an adorable brother who had not confidence in him, the dog of the family and... Cassian didn't know yet how to call him.
We were also preparing our stuff, joined the truck stolen at Eadu last night and we were ready to leave... Almost.
The man in the truck's walkie-talkie told us that it was a stolen vehicle and that we were not allowed to take it.
- Who are you? The man asked. Bodhi picked up the microphone.
- We got permission. We're on patrol.
- Who. Are. You? The man repeated to him. Bodhi looked at me and I motioned for him to say something. Whatever.
- That's um ... Rogue? Rogue One.
- Rogue One? There is no Rogue One.
- Well, though. You probably were not advised that the Rogue One team was going to patrol.
The man finally gave us permission to leave. Rogue One was ready to go...