~2~

It was about 6 and I still haven't left my room. I kept staring at the ceiling. The image of what happened today kept playing in my mind. There was a knock at the bedroom door. "Yeah?" I asked in a disappointed tone. "I brought you dinner." I heard my grandma say. I got up off the bed and unlocked the door. My grandma stood there holding a big tray with a few plates and a cup full of water. I walked back to bed and sat down. My grandma followed brining the tray to my bed.

"Thanks.." I said looking at her. She smiled and nodded. "I wanted to talk to you about a few things." She said not leaving. "What?" I asked confused. "You're mother feels bad for not believing you with what happened but she thinks your just making it up." My grandma said. I frowned. "I don't care what she or anyone else thinks, I know what I saw." I said staring at my grandma. She nodded. "I understand. But she also feels bad for saying some other things in the car before you left." She added. I stared at her not saying anything. She looked at the floor then back at me. "Just know we all love you." She said standing up and walking out the room. I was about to get up to close the door until my grandpa walked in.

"Hey buddy." He said. My grandpa was the only one who probably understood me. "Hey.." I said kinda quiet. "When you're done with dinner wanna take a ride to town and to the store with me ?" He asked. I had nothing better to do and I wasn't all that hungry. "Lets go now, I'm not that hungry." I said looking at him. He nodded and we walked down stairs. "We'll be back." My grandpa said before he walked out the front door.

It was about a 30 minute into drive into the small town, I didn't care I just wanted to see actual civilization. The only actual other people besides family I saw since I've been here was the church, but that was about a 20 minute drive from the bourse, going the opposite way.

I smiled at seeing street lights and people. We pulled into a small corner store. "If you want anything let me know." He said . I nodded getting out of the car. I pushed the door open to the small store and heard the sound of a small bell. The guy at the register looked like he didn't want to be here. I started walking down the candy isle.

I saw a girl who looked about my age. She wore tight jeans with a thick belt and a red flannel tucked into it. Her long brown hair was straight but had a little curl at the tips that hung down from her ear. She wore pretty earrings and had nice make up on. She was beautiful in my eyes.

I was about to grab some sour gummy crickets until I was cut off. "I wouldn't grab those if I were you." The girl said. I stared at her for a moment. She smiled a little. "They are actual crickets, the gummy part is just put there to trick people." I got disgusted. "Oh..haha thanks for warning me." I said. She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "No problem. I haven't seen you around before, did you just move here?" I laughed. "Moved here ? Why would I wanna live here?" I asked . "Okay you have a point." She said. We laughed. "I'm just staying here till next week with my grandma. "Oh. Fun." She said. "You?" I asked. The girl smirked. "I live here." I didn't say anything. "I'm Rachel." She said holding her hand out. "Jacob." I said shaking her hand.

She smiled at me. "Cute name." My face probably turned bright red. "Thanks.." I said scratching the back of my head. "Chill, I wasn't hitting on you." She said smiling. I stared at her for a moment not knowing what to say. "Jacob." My grandpa called. I turned out. He smiled seeing I was talking to a girl. "Lets go back now since you don't want anything." I frowned not wanting to leave Rachel. Rachel stared at me. "We should hang out tomorrow." She said. I looked at her and nodded. "I can have my grandpa bring me up to the store tomorrow." I said. She smiled and nodded. "Okay. Tomorrow around 2." She added. "Sounds good." I said smiling. "I'll see you tomorrow...I guess." I said. She smiled. "See ya."

My grandpa and I sat down in the car. "So who is your new lady friend?" My grandpa asked smiling. "Her name is Rachel. She's cool. She wants to know you can take me back up here tomorrow. You know so we can hang. You can just drop me off." I said. "I normally wouldn't do that because of gas. But since it's for a girl, of course." He laughed. "Thanks grandpa you're the best." I said. My grandpa started the car and started driving.

I stared out the passenger window. I think I might actually something to look forward too since this whole trip. I smiled. Tomorrow won't come fast enough.