But I was. It was a strange feeling that overcame me, like my wolf trying to send me signals to warn me of danger. I felt like a mixture of emotions were starting to stir and it was going to send me into the brink of insanity.

"Where is she?!" I blurted out without thinking.

The volume of my voice made Jackie flinch and immediately William was at her side glaring at me.

"Hey." He sent me a warning snarl.

We stared each other down, our wolf instincts pouring through our pores, until I realized doing so was pointless. I still had no idea where Peyton was.

I forced myself to look away first which bruised my Alpha ego. "Sorry, Jackie. I didn't mean to direct my anger at you." I said without making eye contact because my wolf was still reeling and knowing William remained on the defensive my Alpha instincts would want to overpower him.

I knew Jackie would understand my lack of manners.

"It's okay," She walks past William assuring him it's fine. "I'm sure Peyton is somewhere close by."

Thirty minutes of searching all over the beach I don't find her. I then get really worried and inform her sisters and Derrick.

"Peyton knows how to take care of herself." Sam said in a hushed tone.

 "She's right. Peyton probably went to the shops at the wharf to get our parents a souvenir or something." Ash waved her hand as if her sister being gone was nothing. "She probably got lost searching for dirty seashells. She sometimes likes to bring stuff home." 

The skinny punk holding Ash around her waist chuckled and snorted. For no reason what so ever, I lunged at his throat sending both of us plummeting to the ground. His laugh just set me off.

"Shut up." I growled as he chocked in my grasp.

Ash screamed and started pulling at my shirt to get me off her boyfriend. "Get him off Nick!"

Corey lifted her off me and lifted her to her feet. Ryan tried to pull me away from him but I shoved him in the chest to back off.  Nick uselessly tried to roll me off him but I weighed more and was a bit larger than the pubescent boy. I had him caged to the ground—chin pinned to the floor, hands chained back and legs held in place with both my knees.

"Soren" Luca yelled not daring to touch me.

I bent down and whispered behind Nick's ear, low enough that no one else could hear. "Getting stoned, a kid your age, is kind of bad don't you think? What would Alpha Ivan think if he learned his youngest is with a punk like you?" My trained nose could pick the scent right when he got here.

My admission stilled him and he stopped struggling. I grabbed the collar and pulled him roughly to his feet.  He brushed off the sand from his wrinkled black shirt and averted his eyes away from me. Looks like the kid isn't tough after all. 

"I think Peyton said she was planning to go into the water" I heard Leila mutter to Derrick.

Derrick looked at her with surprise. "Did anyone go with her?! When was this? An hour ago?" A couple shakes of the head and 'no's came from our group. Then Derrick's face turned paler then his natural bleach blond hair.

"I think that was a while ago." Leila said softly.

Derrick looked as if he wanted to be swallowed up by the sand. "SHIT! OH-no, no, no...that stupid—PEYTON!! Uncle Ivan's going to kill me if I don't get her back in one piece!" Like me earlier, he started pacing around the beach searching for Peyton. We all did.