Chapter 4 - Even the Villains need a break

Start from the beginning

"Olympia, it's me, your savior," he chuckled. I recognized the voice and grew even more tense. How could I let him inside knowing that he was the attacker from that day? Should I call the police?

"I know that you are there and that you are scared, but I won't hurt you," he said with a more serious tone. "And come on, a knife?!"

How the heck did he know that I have a knife?

I don't know if he thought his creepy words would calm me down but they actually didn't. However, I tried to bring back the anger I had towards the attacker and reached for the door.

There he was standing like a statue with his hands shoved in pockets and head bent down. He was dressed casually but all black with a black cap on his head. When I held out the knife towards his chest, he gave me an offended look.

"Seriously, a knife? C'mon now, we both know it is too ordinary for your taste," he smirked and walked pass by me, into the living room. Striding, I got into his way.

"Answers. Now. How do you know my name?" I demanded, trying to sound as though as I can be.

"I am a good investigator. Next."

"Wha-No, that's not enough you so-"

"Next, I said."

"How did you know where I lived?" I squinted.

"I asked around?" he darted his gaze away from me.

"Liar, liar, pants on fire," I hissed and darted the knife even further.

"Alright, I have been stalking you for a time," he admitted with a shrug, like no biggie. "Seriously, though. I thought you'd already figure that." he added. Question marks should've remained in my eyes, because he started to explain himself.

"Those agents had been watching you for two weeks, which aroused my curiosity towards you because, therewithal, I was watching them. So, in order to find out what is it about you, I had to scare you or put you in danger. So that, you would reveal all your ammunitions to stay alive," he admitted.

"Like superpowers?"

"More like not-so-super but yeah. Apparently, you had none," he said like attacking me wasn't something to overdramatize. "Besides, you sprayed insecticide all over my face and made me go blind and hit me with a baseball bat that dislocated my shoulder! But you don't see me complain," he grumbled.

"You scared the living shit out of me! What did you expected for me to do?! What the hell is wrong with you," I almost screamed. Was he being for real?

He eyed me like I was being hysterical for no reason and sighed. "I already told you the reason why I did that. I needed to know if they were on you for your powers. How was I supposed to learn? Would you tell me if I came and ask kindly?"

A small voice in my head accepted his logic. "Did you really have to do that so real, though," I ask while touching my bruised cheekbone. His eyes drifted where I touched and his gaze soften momentarily. I waited for an answer or an apology but none came. Instead, he shifted on his feet uncomfortably.

"Do you mind turning the lights off? This hat is being itchy," he softly chuckled.

"Yes, I mind," I grumbled. "Why do you even wear it?"

"Well, I can't just reveal my face to you now, can I? Who knows, you may be a spy or something. Or even worse, you may fall in love with my beauty," he said with an overdramatizing gesture.

"Yeah, right..." I rolled my eyes as I tried to hide my annoyance for his distrust. "Wear a mask, then. It's not my responsibility."

He didn't miss a beat. "It's Saturday night. Even villains need a break," he smirked. "Also, my face needed to breath, too." He sounded genuinely earnest. For a moment, I actually considered if he was being serious. But he couldn't, right?