As Of Now Chapter 4: Underneath the Bright Smile

Começar do início

'Hmm, I go out with the girls who've been literally stalking my crush all over school or I stay at home and do some homework?'

Homework. I can go some other time.

"Sorry, Nikki, hindi ako pwede eh. I think I'll be busy with school tapos baka lumakad kami ng family some time at the weekend, biglaan ang mga alis namin eh." I sounded sorryy, looking for a fresh sheet of paper for an equation. 

"Aww, well, some other time?" She sounded hopeful, "I'll keep in touch, sure." With that I ended the call and proceeded with my work.

No thanks, I don't feel like hanging out with girls who might just talk about Matthew. Don't get me wrong, I like talking about him to Carol and Demitri sometimes. But with Leigh? She'll just pitch in what happened with her and Matthew over the period of one week, and I'll feel horrible about myself because I wouldn't have a chance on him. 

Homework? Check.

Personal affairs, next. I logged onto my profile and saw a little post from oh look, speak of the devil:

Leigh Enevintes

Baka hindi ko kayang patibukin ang puso mo, pero sana naman mabuksan ko naman ang mga mata mo sa katotohanan.

And then Nikki and Thalia were tagged. Apparently, they were talking about me, even after Nikki had invited me over to an outing with them that I politely turned down on. Why do I think they're talking about me? They commented, loner daw siya sa classroom. Okay, there couldn't have been anyone else in the room then except me, so this just gets my blood boiling. How gorgeous do they think they are? 

I know I'm not exactly the kind of girl who'd look for revenge, but this is really getting to me. I can't just sit around here while they indirectly send hate. I mean, can't they be mature enough not to let this go public?

And so that little imaginary bulb flashed it's light, right on cue. I still remember how I brought my camera on the first week of classes, and since the teachers had told us not to use gadgets every so often now, I had set my camera without flash so it wouldn't be so obvious that I was taking pictures. I caught a photo of Leigh by the doorstep of the class of her ex, Alex. He had shut the door on her since he didn't want to talk things through with her and she slipped whilst spinning her heel to the opposite direction. Epic fail, girl.

I decided to post it tomorrow night so it wouldn't be so obvious that I was offended by her little scheme.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

As if yesterday wasn't torture enough from the devil, now they're shooting me with glares. I caught them whispering something to each other while poorly incospicuously looking at me. Then Thalia gave them a final nod and walked over to my place. "Hey, Camille? Bakit ka mag-isa kahapon sa classroom? Hindi ka kasama ni Carol?" she asked, flicking her hair behind her shoulders. 

"Ahh," I scratched the back of my neck, should I lie or tell the truth? Seeing that if I lied, I'll seem pathetic because I was seeking attention over some lie. Truth, it is. 

"Hinihintay ko lang si Carol. Eh, medyo napaidlip ako. Bakit?" I plastered on a little smile so they wouldn't notice my killer scowl I've been throwing at the face of my laptop screen because of their little post. "Uhm, wala. Medyo," She looked by Leigh who's had a demanding glare at my way, "Na-curious lang ako. Akala ko umiiyak ka don eh." she chuckled a bit, only it seems fake and sort of awkward.

"Ako? Umiiyak? Bakit naman ako iiyak? Medyo napaidlip lang ako." I faked a hurt expression put my hand on my chest where my heart was rapidly beating. I couldn't talk to them without getting a heart attack.  "Hindi, kasama mo kasi si Matthew eh. Parang concerned siya." she covered it up, nodding towards Matthew, who looks sorta busy with reading "Divergent".