Chapter 5

Darling, I forgive you... After all

Anything is better than to be alone

And in the end I guess I had to fall

Always find my place among the ashes

I sat alone in my room, barely hearing the light chattering between the two gangs I most feared. Three hours after the meeting, Liam and Zayn remained behind discussing the gang activity in their area, and who their biggest threats are with Ace.

It didn’t come to my surprise the talk was very… arrogant? Cocky? … They sounded overly confident – bragging, almost. Basically they continued to claim their gangs were the largest in size and most feared in their country; they were trying to impress each other, and at one point, I heard Ace blatantly lie about Calamity’s last invasion. He claimed there was a little ‘ruffle in the feathers’ regarding what happened involving the FBI, but that was hardly it. The FBI almost shut them down with great force, causing Ace to lose a vast amount of his gang members, and command over the city. People didn’t shy away or cower in fear as much as they used to; he was losing his power, but he was determined to regain it at all costs.

Liam on the other hand freely gave away information about One Direction, regarding their drug dealings and robberies and their escort service – which I only found out now – and all their other doings, and I could hear the way he spoke of the gang and their cold-blooded achievements with pride. He wasn’t ashamed about how degrading he made women sound, he didn’t stutter while chattering about robbing money that wasn’t rightfully theirs, that, being the cause of horrible experiences to many innocent men and women; he wasn’t ashamed. He wasn’t bothered at all. He was proud of the gang’s achievements.

And that made Ace jealous.

Ace isn’t nice when he’s jealous.

He wants to be the best of the best. He’ll rest at nothing until he’s holding the crown, or is wearing upon his weapon the cold, crimson blood of his enemies. He never shy’s away from a fight, even when the odds are against him.

That meant it was a competition between the two. Each time Liam would boast, Ace would too.

Although with Ace, some of his statements were lies.

But Zayn’s silence didn’t remain unknown to me. He was oddly hushed, only speaking when Liam requested reassurance from his proclamation, to which he would provide a vague yes or no, or a small sentence in return. He didn’t sound too thrilled about the exchange of words, which I thought was rather peculiar in his circumstance.

I never really knew Zayn. We had very few encounters, and after learning about the repercussions involving marijuana, I came to realise he was constantly high each time. My knowledge on the drug became slightly enhanced when I met a young girl who knew Milo; she provided me information about his habits, and told me what to do, and what not to do while in them. She claimed the drug usually makes people feel better and carefree, but for some reason, it brought out the worst in Milo. Zayn too.

“Faye, doll.”

A head popped through my door; Ace.

“Me and the One Direction guys are heading to the bar. We’ll be back… later.” He paused when a murmur came from behind him. His head was removed from my door, and he replied with a smirk, then turned his attention to me. The smile dropped instantly. “Don’t wait up.”

He shut the door without another word, and after a few lonely minutes later, all sound was gone, meaning they left. It was eerily silent, but I knew it was better to be locked inside this house alone, than remain here with Ace or Milo.