Bald-Headed

"Travis you don't understand, I can't let people see me like this."  He sighed and dragged his hands down his face. Austin was just cracking the fuck up the whole entire time.

"Zeek ain't go want yo ass no more." I punched him in the chest and he held on to it still laughing.

"Shut up Austin." I mumbled cause I really didn't feel like going into a argument.

"Nicki just take the beanie off." Travis begged and I shook my head.

"No." Austin and Travis looked at each other then back at me. They shrugged and got out the car and walked off to school.

Ima just wait until the warning bell rings and the halls should be empty by then. While I wait let me tell you what happened after Travis came home.

***

I grabbed my hair and ran my fingers through it  getting my last sense of it. I walked down stairs with tears falling out my eyes like a waterfall as I reached the bottom.

I walked into the kitchen seeing Travis and Nyla flirting with each other. Nyla was the first to notice me after laughing at one of Travis' jokes and looking over to me. Her smile turned completely upside down when she saw me.

"Nicki? Wassup with you?"  she got up from her chair and came over to me giving me a hug. Travis being the boy he is stared down at her ass then noticed me.

-_- What a good brother I have.

"Mama tryna make me cut my hair."

"What why?" she asked pulling away looking at me and I sniffed.

"Cause she says its damaged,  and I should start fresh."

"What the hell, can't  you just get tracks or get some box braids or something, why you gotta cut it off?" she asked and I nodded.

"I'm saying, she talking about some who go pay for all that and now Travis got to cut my hair. Its either I do it now or in my sleep."  she turned back to Travis.

"You really go cut her hair?" she asked and he shrugged.

"If she gets in my chair then yeah, if not then its between her and mama."  Nyla turned back to me and shrugged.

"I ain't go feed you bullshit and say everything go be alright cause that's a straight up lie. Just cut your hair now and we could see what we go do. Maybe we could buy a whole bunch of beanies and shit and that could be yo' new style or somethin'. You know you look cute in them anyway so why not." she says leading me up to Travis room and I nod.

"But ion wanna be wearing a beanie EVERYDAY now. Plus our school doesn't even allow hats."

"Tell em'  to suck yo' punani and call it a day."  she said and I laughed. Travis opened the door to his room and we walked in. I sat on his chair in front of his dresser and looked in the mirror. I took my phone out and took a quick picture for memories.

Call me dramatic if you want but you don't  understand how much I love my hair. Travis got his razor and plugged it into the wall . I heard the small buzz that came from it  as he tilted my head and shaved off one part. Nyla held my hand and squeezed it  as tears fell out of my eyes. I wiped them as Travis kept cutting the rest away.

Piece by piece my hair fell down to the floor in a cluttered mess as Travis finished off.

"Oh my gosh. Nicki girl I can't lie you look good!"  Nyla said looking at me through the mirror smiling.