Chapter 4

Katie's POV

I carefully applied my favorite eyeshadow. It was the perfect color. A medium shade of pink with just the right amount of glitter. I grabbed my mascara and swooped a light layer onto my lashes. I finished the look off with a clear lip gloss.

Onto hair.

I simply braided it to the side and clipped my bangs back with a bobby pin.

I then put on my outfit. A mint colored sweater, dark skinny jeans, and my Steve Madden studded combat boots.

The Ungers were going bowling and they had requested that I join them.

Obviously, I couldn't say no to them, so I agreed. I mean, I could've, but who's to say I didn't want to go.

I glanced at the clock.

6:15

They should be here any minutes now.

I went on my iPhone and opened my Twitter app.

I noticed my mentions were blowing up and that I had close to 5,000 followers.

Then I saw Eric had mentioned me in a tweet. That explains it...

Ding Dong

My doorbell rang and I ran to answer it before any of my family members could.

I raced down the two flights of stairs, hopping off the last two at the bottom.

I reached the door just as my sister, Hannah, was opening it.

Billy stood on the front porch.

My sister turned to me, mouth agape. "B-b-b-b-"

"Yeah, Hannah," I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked accusingly, seemingly forgetting that he was still standing there.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Billy, this is my sister, Hannah. She's a huge fan," I introduced.

He laughed. "I could tell. Nice to meet you, Hannah."

She nodded, obviously starstruck.

He turned to me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me tell my parents I'm leaving."

He nodded.

I told my parents goodbye and left.

It was just Erin, Eric, Billy, and I going. No parents.

Their black van sat in my driveway. I sat in the middle seat next to Eric.

"Hey," he greeted when he saw me.

"Hi," I answered.

We rolled out of my driveway, down the hill, and started in our way to the bowling alley.

"You look grey by the way," Eric whispered in my ear.

"Thanks. You do too," I said shyly.

He smiled.

It took half an hour to get to the place, but it wasn't boring at all. Being the klutz I am, mid-car trip, I had dropped my phone under the seat.

When we got there, I finally spotted my phone under the passenger seat.

When I looked up, my door was open and a certain young man was standing next to it waiting on me, hand outstretched.

"Ready, my lady?" Billy asked.

I took his hand.

I laughed. "So now I'm your lady?"

A light pink blush spread across his face.

"Yes."

I laughed again.

Erin and Eric were already inside the building which was flashing with a bright neon sign.

We walked inside and went to the back of the very long line.

"You've been bowling before, right?" Billy asked me.

To a normal person, that would have been considered a stupid question, but to me, it wasn't.

"Actually, no. My ball will probably stay in the gutter," I said.

"Don't worry. I'll help you," he assured me with a smile.

I quickly reciprocated the gesture.

We finally reached the counter where Billy paid for both of us and I told the man my shoe size. He then proceeded to hand me the ugly bowling shoes.

I handed my combat boots over grudgingly and put the hideous shoes on, which, by the way, did not go with my outfit.

Once we were ready, we headed to the lanes.