Chapter Sixteen

I woke up to the buzzing of my phone. I rolled over in my warm bed and eventually the vibrating stopped. And then it started again.

I groaned, retrieving the device from my nightstand.

"Hello?" I spoke groggily.

Lex's voiced hurt my ear, "I'm waiting outside, let's go say goodbye to Harry!"

"What time is it?"

"It's 10:30, lazy. Did you get drunk last night?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, no, I'm done with that. I just-"

"Why are you so tired?"

"Just a late night."

She gave up on questioning me and told me to get dressed and come down soon or she'd leave without me.

I guess we're saying goodbye again, I thought.

I sighed, and decided to change into some jeans. I debated on staying in my t-shirt, but decided I didn't want the boy I liked to see me with a stained t-shirt and no bra underneath.

I picked out a fresh outfit and ran my fingers through my hair. I gave up on that and joined it into a braid as I skipped down the steps, telling my parents I'd be back soon despite their protests.

I hopped in Lex's car and we drove off.

She brought the topic up again, "So, seriously what'd you do last night?"

I gave in. "I went to see Harry."

I felt her turn her head and I kept my eyes locked out the window, ignoring her. After a few more seconds I flung my head around to face her, "Eyes on the road." I scolded Lex.

She chuckled and did as she was told. "So, what's up with you and Harry?"

She said it as more of a statement, forcing me to tell her instead of asking me to.

"I don't really know. I mean... we kissed a few times...."

"You kissed?! Does that mean he likes you again?"

"Well, uh, he told me I did and then we were on his bed and he-"

"WAIT. You were on the bed? Oh, you did much more than just kiss, my love. Tell me everything."

I laughed, embarrassed. "I don't know," I said in a quiet voice, "we made out a lot I guess. We goofed around and stuff."

With one more glance over at me Lex stated, "You have a hickey."

"What?" I checked my reflection in the car's side mirror and she was right. I didn't realize he had been that playful. "Oh my God, I didn't even-"

I was cut off by Lex's laughter as we pulled up to the hotel Harry was staying in for only one more hour or two.

Apparently Lex didn't warn Harry that we were coming over, because he looked super surprised (and happy) when he opened the door after our repetitive and eager knocking.

"Hey! I thought you guys already said goodbye."

Lex turned and eyeballed me at his mention of me coming over here the night before. "Well, we're here again."

Harry moved aside, allowing Lex to walk into the room. I followed, stopped to smile up at Harry as he happily gazed down at me, and began to walk again. His fingertips caught hold of mine and left me lingering in the hallway as he closed the door.

"Hello," his british voice spoke to me quietly as Lex shouted something to us.

"Hi." I blushed up at him, remembering our hot scene from last night in this very place.

"Hey! Love birds! What are you doing?" Lex yelled to us and I vacated Harry's hand and walked into the room, him straggling behind me.

Lex rolled her eyes at the two of us.

After watching Harry fold and pack his various t-shirts and jeans into his suitcases, there was a hesitant knock on the door.

He excused himself from the room, leaving Lex and I standing in the room he had been sleeping in for the past week, the same room I had been making out with him in the previous night.

I heard a familiar voice break out as the hotel door opened, "I'm so sorry."

I peeked my head around the wall to see Heidi in the doorway, abruptly hiding behind it again before she could see me. I pressed a finger to my lips signaling Alexa to be quiet.

She gave me a questioning look, but I just continued to listen to her and Harry.

"Harry, just hear me out. I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. I was just fed up with my own boyfriend drooling over Aria. I admit, I was jealous. And then," she paused, deciding whether or not to continue, "you came in. And of course you were - are - atatched to her. So, well, nevermind, but I just wanted to let you know that I apologize. If you could tell Aria that, too? I don't think she'd let me talk to her."

"You can tell her now," I heard Harry's masculine voice and then the shuffle of his feet.

"Wh-what?"

"She's here."

I peeked my head around to see him pointing at me, and Heidi with a blank expression.

"Did you hear that?" She asked me.

"Yeah...."

"Well, I hope you can forgive me someday. And I know you don't like Kelly, but don't blame her. I took advantage of her, being new and all, and I told her if she helped me get you away from Harry, I would get her a date with Will. I'm sorry. I really am." With that, she walked away swiftly without even a goodbye to any of us.

"Erm." Harry made an uncomfortable noise.

"I - I'm so confused." I stated.

Lex laughed, "I guess she finally came to the conclusion that she's a bitch."

This created a chuckle from Harry, still standing with the door open.

Thoughts buzzing in my mind, Harry closed the door and returned to packing.

Minutes later, we were gathered in the street in front of the hotel, Harry just about ready to call a taxi and hop in, leaving behind Florida to go back to London. There was a hollow feeling in my chest.

Lex said a quick goodbye, knowing she would always see him again. She reached up and ruffled his curls, getting a satisfactory grin out of Harry, and waved goodbye. "Aria, I'll be in the car. Don't take too long."

She smirked at us and walked off.

I scanned my eyes on the almost bare streets, in search of any paparazzi, the bright early afternoon sun casting light on the tall Florida buildings.

"Goodbye, Harry."

In response, his tan arms were wrapped around my abdomen and his forehead was rested on mine.

"Bye, Grayson."

His dark green eyes burned into mine. When I couldn't take it any longer, I pushed my lips onto his.

"Bye, Styles."