Sirius realized what he had asked and immediately shut the question down. "It's ok if you don't want to, I know it's a big commitment but I-" he rambled.

"Sirius, stop," Rosie cut him off. "I'll have to think about it, but the chances are pointing to yes." 

Sirius smiled in response and hugged her tightly. "I can't believe how fast time is going by," he sighed, imagining his life after Hogwarts and in his new home with Rosie.

"Me too...we'll be graduating soon," Rosie wondered out loud.

"Y'know I can't wait until the day I ask you to marry you for real," Sirius smiled, taking her hand.

Rosie blushed and looked down at their intertwined hands. "Let's finish school first, then we can think about all that."

Sirius beamed at her embarrassed face and lifted her chin up to look at her eyes. "And we'll never have to work a day because I get the inheritance..." he trailed off, looking down at her with a playful grin. 

"Sirius..."

"I'm only joking." 

"If I -" Sirius interrupted her with a small whisper of "when" with a smile. Rosie smiled and continued. "When I move in with you, I better get to decorate."

"You can do whatever pleases you," he told her honestly. To be honest, Sirius could care less about furnishings.

"We should get a pet," Rosie suggested after a few seconds of contemplation. 

"But you've already got a dog - me," Sirius pouted. "And you can do all the cuddling with me, and we can do everything together."

"Aww, is little Sirius jealous?" Rosie said in a baby voice, rubbing his head teasingly.

"Me? Jealous? Pshh, liar." He brushed her off and scooted away, but then moved back again in a second.

"Whatever you say..." 

--

"The death eater you're dueling just disarmed you and you don't have anyone to help you, what do you do?" Dumbledore asked.

Rosie answered immediately. "Disarm them using wandless magic, even if it's risky, it's better than nothing."

"What should you never do in a situation like that?"

"Lose focus and control."

"And?"

"Don't panic. If you do, take a quick breath and immediately reground yourself."

"Good," Dumbledore said, resting back into his chair. "You did very well today, Rosie. I've got to say that your wandless magic has gotten considerably better, but it's still not fluid and I don't blame you for it. You have more control with the wand, and it's not completely necessary to be teaching you this level of wandless magic, but I want you to be prepared for any situation."

"I understand completely, sir," Rosie said. A second after, a knock was heard from the doorway.

"Oh, that must be my guest," Dumbledore smiled, walked to his door and opened it for the guest. "Ah, Alastor, come on in," he greeted his friend warmly.

"Alastor, this is Rosaline Winters," Dumbledore introduced him to Rosie, who smiled and waved.

"So you're the special student everyone's been talking about," Alastor said, walking towards Rosie.

"Well, I wouldn't say special or everyone." 

"So, what do you want to be in the future?" Alastor, not one for casual conversation, immediately asked Rosie.

"Well, I've always wanted to be a healer like my mum was, but I'm pretty good at duelling and I guess being an auror isn't that far off," Rosie answered truthfully.

Alastor sighed and looked at Rosie with frustration. "You guess? To become an auror you need to want it! You need to need it!"

Rosie's eyes widened in fear and she gulped. "Uh, I want it?" she said carefully, however Alastor's upset expression caused her to choke and say again, "I want it! I want to become an auror!"

Alastor's mood changed instantly, a smile appearing on his face. "Very good, I almost believed you. But I suppose that's good enough for now."

Rosie coughed awkwardly and looked down at her feet.

"So, good at duelling, eh? Just like your father, it's a shame he chose potioneering over being an auror," said Alastor.

"Your father - and your mother - was a man of many talents. He could do anything and be good at it," Dumbledore added on. "He had a mighty spirit and was a fine dueller." 

Rosie nodded. "What about my mother?" she asked. Her parents never told her much about their past -- something Rosie regretted not asking them more about when they were still alive. 

"Your mother was more of the gentle kind, she balanced out his childishness," Alastor answered.

"She was always good with people, very kind and understanding," Dumbledore said. "Just like you."

Rosie smiled at their high opinions of her parents. She was blessed to have such an amazing family. 

"Who would have ever guessed that Elizabeth Sallow would marry Alexander Winters!" Alastor exclaimed. Rosie laughed at his statement and imagined both of her parents, young and fresh out of Hogwarts, in her head.

"They were so different, but both loved each other very much," said Dumbledore.

"I never knew that about them," Rosie told the two honestly.

"Rosie, if you'd like to know more about your family history, there's actually a book on both your families," Dumbledore suggested to her, figuring that she already knew.

The young girl's eyes lit up in excitement; she never thought her family would be interesting enough to have books written on them. "Really?"

"Yes, both of your families are pureblood and have been for a while, but never made it onto the Sacred Twenty-Eight list due to members marrying other blood types and being sorted in different houses," Dumbledore explained.

"Oh.." 

The next day, Rosie went to go find the books in the Library. She found the books on the house of the Sallows and the Winters. She learned little facts like how her grandfather had an affair that was a big scandal in the wizarding world, her great-grandaunt was the first to marry a squid, her great-grandfather attended the Wizarding School in China, and that her great-great-grandfather attended the Wizarding School in America - Ilvermorny - before moving back to England.

After checking the two books out of the library, she went to the Great Hall to meet Lily and showing her the books on her family history. As she walked into the hall, the boys were walking out and a blank piece of parchment fell out of Sirius' bag.

"Oh, Sirius, you dropped this," she picked it up and handed it to him. He smiled and thanked her. Just as they thought she was out of earshot, James whispered to them "When will we tell her instead of just hiding it?"

Rosie looked back suspiciously and walked slowly towards Lily. "Hide what?"

edited: 06/07/2020