The Secret Letter

Different.Thats the word I've been defined by my entire life.I've never been like anybody in my entire family,I'm not normal.I've always been able to control pretty much anything that had to do with nature.When I was younger my parents always told me that there are four chosen children each decade and they become the kingdom keepers.The kingdom keepers keep the world in balance with Nature,Water,Fire and Air.Im Dawn and I'm the Nature keeper.

My mother and Father always had high expectations for me considering they are the king and queen.I hate my parents,I've always had this feeling that I wasn't truly there child,we don't even look alike.My father is the complete opposite of me,I'm free and adventurous,he isn't a very open person,he's very quiet and strict.Thats exactly why I'm running away.
I get a suit case out of the basement and I tiptoe up the stairs to my bedroom and start packing.I grab all of my dresses and flats and neatly place them in my bag.My Mother and Father is at 6:00 breakfast so that gives me time to leave a note.I grab a pen and snatch a piece of paper out of the printer and start my note.

"Dear mother and father,I am sorry I failed you as a daughter but I don't feel like I belong here.Im the nature keeper and it's time for me to fulfill my duty.I just hope you are not angry,I promise I will see you soon. ~love Dawn".I open my fathers nightstand cabinet and carefully place the note in there.Just when I was about to close the cabinet door a certain letter catches my eye. I reach in and pull it out slowly so I don't damage it.At the moment I was more confused than ever....

The letter had my name on it.I grab a letter opener from my Fathers desk and open the letter,and inside it read "My dear sweet child it's time for you to find out the truth,I don't want to ruin the surprise so all I'm going to tell you is,you are not who you think you are,you should start out with your parents."

I was so confused.Before I knew it I heard my "parents" walking up the stair case.I hurried and put the letter in my bag and ran to the window.It was to high of a jump so I quickly tied a rope to the balcony and climbed down.The rope was to short so I had to jump,I landed on my back with a thud.I got up and grabbed my bag and started running into the woods.yes the woods because I need to practice and master my gift and because my "parents" like privacy.I looked back at the home I once new and whispered goodbye.

I started my journey threw the woods.I kept tripping over little rocks and logs because there was morning fog.Before I knew it I reached the end of the woods where there was a cliff.I look at the end of the cliff where I seen the most beautiful sunset ever.It was so gorgeous with all of it's pretty colors,there was a blazing orange with and highlight if pale pink with the slightest hint of yellow.This is the beginning.This is my new life.

I'm Dawn Carter and this is the beginning.