Chapter 3: Familiar

A/N: Heeey guys!!!! :) So, this is the next installment of my storay.... it kind of gets things rolling a bit, the plot is developing (claps hands together) Oh gosh, I am so excited to see where this story goes!! :) I hope you guys are too!! Well, comeith hither Chapter 3! (my epic FAIL at trying to sound like Shakespeare...) haha. Enjoy guys! Oh, please don't forget to comment, vote, fan or whatever. I would GREATLY appreciate it! I dedicated dis chap to slythbabe13 because she is an AWESOME writer and she has taken the time to check out this storay... and she LOVES it! So, yeah... she is pretty legit if I say so myself :) thank you slythbabe13 for being totally amazin'!  Y'all should check out her stuff too, she is REALLY SUPER DUPER awesome!!! No joke! Okay, enough with the heavy... let's get on to readin'! :)

   -Jess

Chapter 3

    Familiar

   I felt like time stopped, I was so busted. If it was Umbridge, she would have my head right here and not give a second thought about expelling me. I didn't want to move, thinking perhaps if I stayed still then I could think of some crazy way to rewind and make sure no one saw me. Too late now.

   I saw the face, the same one from my dream. It was Draco, he is the one who caught me dancing. Wow, even worse than Umbridge to be quite honest. He'll probably run and go tell his daddy who has connections to the Dark Lord. Oh well, I can just say I was merely having a muscle spasm. I can be quite persuasive and believable. 

   "I, um. I was just- uh, I-" I kept tripping over myself, trying to make my own voice sound normal. Nothing helped. Draco's face was expressionless which worried me a bit, so I nervously bit my lip to make myself shut up.

   Then, Draco got a look of annoyance. "Merlin, Roberts, spit it out. What were you just doing?" He spat, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, making me feel awkward. A deadly silence filled the space between us, and yet I felt like something more was there, something I couldn't name. A new kind of feeling.

   "Well, Malfoy, I was..." I took a deep breath, "I was dancing, duh. Oh wait, is that not one of your pure blood terms? My bad." It was a pathetic response, but I was being honest. His gray orbs punctured my own eyes. Suddenly, a new feeling came over me, one that was in the dream... the warmth. I have seen him before... Draco, I have seen him before Hogwarts somewhere, I just knew it. His eyes, they are so familiar.

   "Watch your mouth, Roberts. You may be high ranked with your family and blood status, but you are still just the dirt underneath MY shoes." His voice was cold and cruel. He must not care that my family is higher than his for blood status purposes... but Voldemort is still angry at my father for raising me in the Muggle world for a long time. It cut me deep though, especially coming from Draco. I still felt the warmth like in the dream... the welcoming feeling of love... Draco's love. Ugh! What the hell am I thinking?! The git just insulted me AND my family! Why do I still feel the urge to wrap my arms around his body and hold him... and let him hold me forever.

   "Fine, go ahead, tell Umbridge what you saw me do. Go and tell her that you also followed me down here... Why did you even follow me, Malfoy? Like you said, I'm just the dirt underneath YOUR shoes, right?" My arms crossed themselves over my chest, a smug look spreading across my face. He really did need to explain to me why he would even think of following me, especially since he thinks of me as being a person of such low values.

   Malfoy seemed to struggle to find an answer to my simple question. I could tell from his body language that he was searching for something to say, his feet shuffling, the scoffing, head shaking... Merlin, it was just a question!