「eight」

Juanpa's POV
(Part Of View)

Zooming through the aisles of the grocery store, Tequila was spotted right in front the eyes of Juanpa on a shelf. It sung his name and he was tempted. His mother was minding her own business, carrying the trolley and all Juanpa wanted was that bottle of Tequila. He bet Lele never tried it before but he also bet that the pockets of his sweat pants were empty.

"Ma! Can I have this Tequila? ¡Por Favor!" He cried. His mother eyed him through his glasses as she stopped and stared. Her face looked sterned as though she was thinking and soon, she answered.

"Take two! We're gonna have a little fiesta tonight!" Juanpa smiled and quickly grabbed two bottles, quickly pacing up to his mother and gingerly resting the glass bottles in the trolley.

In no time, their trolley was full with snack, drinks and basic home items. The ride back home was calm and quiet. The only thing loud enough were the thoughts that raced through Juanpa's mind and the sound of that girl's name, Lele.

Back in a school of Mexico City, Juanpa was a freshman. Everyone 'worshipped him to his feet'. He was loved by everyone and he maybe had the brightest blue eyes in the entire school. Never had he ever have a crush or girlfriend in his school, not even liked the most popular girl, who loved him. It was maybe because Juanpa pay me attention in his books and basketball. However, there were other girls outside his school he liked. Maybe a few were his exs' but Lele seemed different. He did not know what made her unique. He guessed maybe she was not obsessed with him like the tons of other girls but he liked her.

Finally, they were back home to the large suburban house. Juanpa struggled with helping his mom rest the groceries on the kitchen table but as soon as he was finished, he raced up to his room to text Lele. Just like her, he kept it a secret.

Juanpa
Hey, I'm back.

Lele
Yay! I wanna visit you someday.

Juanpa
I too but where?

Lele
Idk

Juanpa
Well, when?

Lele
Maybe next week? Saturday?

Juanpa
Haha. Cool. I'll let u know if I'm available but do you remember the first time we met?

Lele
Lol. Duh. It was only a few days ago. That was awkward!

Juanpa
Lol. Yup. How bout that kiss?

Lele
It was my first kiss. And my first awkward kiss :)

Juanpa
Well. We're both awkwardly cute. I liked that kiss tho.

Lele
Lol. That was nothing. We literally just touched each other's.

Juanpa
But we liked it. I saw you blush when you fell. You didn't even bother to wipe it. We both liked it. When we meet, I hope we meet at an awkward moment again. Lol. It was cute. You're cute. We will be cute together.