Chapter 2 A new start

Master looked surprised for a while, but he quickly went back to his serious look. He cleared his throat and smiled at her. "Well then, miss Y/N, let me show you  your room and then the rest of the castle." master said.

Y/N followed him without a word. I went to my room to get some rest. "What a day, huh?" I told to myself. My thought flew to that day.

***

Me and Y/N were running through the forest looking for a hide spot. An other clan was chasing us. We had a lot of enemies, so we were used to being chased, spying, fighting, even killing. Eventually we run out of breath so we stopped running.

"I think they lost us" Y/N said, still trying to catch her breath.

"Yeah, I think so too." I said.

Not a minute later a knife came flying towards me but Y/N noticed it before I could. She got in the way and the knife hit her stomach. She flinched and shut her eyes tightly.

"NOOO" I cought her before she hit the ground. "No, Y/N, don't die, please. Don't die on me." She had lost her consciousness. Tears filled up my eyes. Soon enough I heard footsteps. A lot of them, from all directions.

"Oh, poor girl. She sacrificed herself to protect her partner in crime." The voice came from behind me. It was their boss.

"Bastards, you killed her." I growled.

"Well isn't that our job? Don't worry though. I can save her. But you will have to do something for me in return."

"I won't do anything for you." I said still holding Y/N in my arms. I couldn't help but glare at him, wishing I could kill him by just looking at him.

"Very well, I guess you will just let her die then." He said with a smirk. I stayed quiet for a while. I didn't have a choice. I wouldn't let her die. I could never.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to disappear from her life and never see her again."

No, that's too much. I can't leave her alone. "No, I can't do that to her. I would never hurt her like that." I shouted.

"Then stay here and watch her bleed out" The others started laughing.

I thought for a moment. Maybe it's for the best. Y/N, I'm willing to do anything. Just don't die. "Ok, fine, I'll do it. But don't you dare lay a hand on her"

"So we have a deal. Boys, get her". They picked her up and carried her to god knows where. I ran away from there. I ran till my legs didn't support me anymore and my heart was skipping beats.

"You're doing this for her". I was thinking.

***

Y/N's POV

I woke up in my new room. I'm still trying to get used to it. I have never slept in such a big room. And it's all mine. Me and Obi used to share the same room back then. It was a little awkward for both of us at first, but we eventually got used to it.

Someone interrupted my thoughts by knocking on the door. "Come in" I said. Boss came in. He was holding something but I couldn't see clearly what it was.

"Oh, did I wake you?"

"No, it's fine."

"Ok then. This is your ID" He said and handed me some kind of necklace with my name and other stuff about me on it.

"ID? What is that for?" I asked looking at it.

"Well, without it you can't be working and living in the castle. Everyone here has one." He explained.

"I see" I muttered.

"Well then, I have to go now. You get dressed, eat and meet me in the sword fight arena in an hour."

I nodded and he left. I wore my new clothes and got out. I had some time to kill, so I climbed on a tree and sat on one of its branches. It was an apple tree. I liked climbing on trees. Obi and I used to search for the tallest ones and climb all the way to the top and then we would just sit and talk, until midnight.

I smiled at the memory, but then shook my head to get rid of it. He betrayed you, so stop thinking about him. He didn't think about you, not even once.

I felt kind of hungry so I grabbed an apple. I got lost in my thoughts for a while and then I started making my way to where boss told me to meet him.

---------------------------------------