Chapter 1

I slowly got up from my thrown and walked forward. Everyone was silently waiting for my next words.

"As you know, we had a battle a few days ago and of course we won. I would like to reward you with something."

Everyone was listening intently while curiosity consumed them.

"There will be a masquerade ball this Saturday. You have enough time to get ready, so don't stress. Everyone is to have a date. It doesn't matter if it isn't your mate."

"What about you? You don't have a mate," someone called out to me.

Everyone gasped and whispered. I slowly turned my head at the one who dared ask such a question and the room went dead quiet. I met a pair of scared and regretful eyes. I tilted my head to the side and gave him a chilling stare while he started to tremble under my gaze.

"Next time something slips out of your mouth you'll be dead," I said.

I turned around and shouted, "Dismissed!"

I heard everybody scurrying out of the meeting room. Some squealing in excitement and others afraid of my threats.

Once everyone left, I walked up the glass staircase and entered my bedroom. I walked towards my curtains and opened them. It was sunny outside and children were playing in the garden while running and giggling. I let myself smile for once.

A knock errupted from the door and I quickly closed the curtains and wiped the smile off my face. I turned around and sat on my bed and said, "Come in!"

The door opened and it was one of my messengers.

"What is it?" I said.

"I just wanted to tell you that the ball decorations are chosen and it is planned perfectly," said the messenger.

I nodded my head stifly and said, "I want a royal blue dress that is floor length and it must look spectacular."

The messenger smiled; bowed and left without a word.

I stared at the doors caught up in my own thoughts. I got up after a while and turned on the bath. I lit up my scented candles and poured a glass of red wine. I put my oils in the bathtub and rose pedals. I removed all my clothes and layed back. I played some music and sipped wine.

This was the first time I got some time to myself without interruptions. I sighed and let myself relax for once. I was already imagining myself in a beautiful dress walking down the stairs with my ice crown. I smiled to myself.

I have always been happy by myself. I never thought about love or marrying anyone. I just need them for my sexual needs you know? I don't like the strings to be attached. It's better that way. Well that's what I think at least.

Sometimes I think about being in love, but i don't see it for me. It's not what I want. I always have my cold wall up like that I have no emotions showing.

My music stopped. What in the world? The phone started ringing and I clicked the button.

"What?" I said.

"You have a letter outside your door from a stranger that told me to give it to you," said the servant on the line.

I stayed silent and said, "Is that all?"

"Yes, I'm sorry for the disruption," said the servant.

I hung up and the music continued playing. Of course something had to happen. I got up carefully and grabbed my towel. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt proud. I wasn't like this before. I was mistreated in many ways and look at me now, so powerful and beautiful.

I turned around and walked inside of my closet. I picked out my night wear and got the letter the servant was talking about.

As I looked at the card, I saw a name in cursive letters. That's odd... I don't know anybody named Adonis. When I passed my hand through the engraved named, I felt tingles rise up my fingers. I dropped the letter and gasped. I looked at it; picked it up and burned it.

I layed in bed awake. Today was Thursday. The ball was in 2 days. I turned off all my lights and fell into a deep slumber.